In order to extend our reach in the community, Carolina Panthers players and staff members are available for non-gratuitous appearances at not-for-profit events, schools and civic functions. Players also are available for gratuitous appearances at for-profit events and corporate functions. Carefully review the following guidelines and procedures before submitting requests for player and staff appearances.
For information about Sir Purr mascot appearance requests, please click here. For information about TopCats cheerleader appearance requests, please click here.
Due to the high volume of requests received by the team, all organizations are required to adhere to the following guidelines:
- All requests must be submitted in writing on the organization's letterhead and accompanied by a fully completed Appearance Request Form at least eight weeks prior to the event. Requests made via telephone, fax or e-mail are not considered.
- Requests and appearance forms must be mailed to the Carolina Panthers, Attn: Community Relations, 800 South Mint Street, Charlotte, NC, 28202.
- All requests will receive an e-mail confirmation upon receipt. Approved requests will receive a telephone or e-mail confirmation one to two weeks prior to the event. Because of numerous requests each week, the process can be lengthy. Please be patient.
General Appearance Guidelines
The Carolina Panthers want each player appearance to be meaningful and beneficial to all parties involved. As a result, please send requests only for events that abide by the following guidelines:
- All appearances are subject to the Carolina Panthers approval and personnel availability. Simply submitting a request does not guarantee an appearance.
- All organizations requesting an appearance by a member of the Panthers must specify a date, time and clearly defined appearance roles (i.e. reading a book, speaking, etc.).
- Player appearances generally do not last longer than an hour.
- Requests with "flexible" dates or "open availability" are not considered.
- Structured events that provide direct interaction with children or members of the community are preferred.
- Events may not be centered on an appearance by a Panthers player or staff member but rather be considered as a complementary element to the program. The Panthers are unable to fulfill many worthy requests due to scheduling conflicts.
- All events should have a wide-reaching impact (ensuring that a maximum number of people are reached).
- Due to the large number of requests received by the team and limited time available from players, most appearances take place in the Charlotte-metro area.
- Appearances by Panthers coaches are extremely limited.
- Promotional appearances by players, coaches or other club personnel involving casinos, sports books, gambling cruises or similar activities are NOT permitted. This includes "Casino Night" fundraisers.
- Use of the Carolina Panthers name, logos and trademarks, and/or any advertising that implies support or sponsorship of an event by the Carolina Panthers, Carolina Panthers Charities, or the NFL must be approved in writing by the Carolina Panthers.
Player availability is based on the time of year and pre-existing schedule commitments. Please review the following guidelines prior to submitting your request:
- During the NFL regular season (September-December), players are ONLY available on Tuesdays - the team's only day off.
- Players are NOT available during the offseason months of January-April. Additionally, players have limited availability during the offseason months of May-June, depending on their place of residence.
- Players are NOT available during the following times: team's bye (off) week, playoffs, 72 hours prior to a game or on game day, and training camp (late July-August). However, training camp practices are open to the public.
Paid business/promotional appearance fees are not set by the Panthers. Individual players and their agents establish these rates. Rates vary depending upon the player requested. The majority of player appearances are community service, school visits or charity related.
Thank you for your interest in inviting the Carolina Panthers to participate in your event. For more information about the organization's community programs, please click here. For information on merchandise donations, please click here.