On Now
Coming Up

News

Print
RSS

Gettleman comments on Hardy

Posted Jul 24, 2014

CHARLOTTE – General manager Dave Gettleman addressed the ongoing legal situation involving Pro Bowl defensive end Greg Hardy on Thursday, when players reported to Bank of America Stadium for the start of training camp.

"We constantly talk to our players about putting themselves in a position to succeed, both on the field, and even more importantly, in life," Gettleman said. "What's happened with Greg is very concerning and very disappointing. These are very serious allegations."

Last week, a judge found Hardy guilty of communicating threats and assaulting a female. Hardy appealed the ruling and will have a jury trial at a later date.

"We respect the fact that Greg has appealed the decision, and he's entitled to a jury trial," Gettleman said. "We have been in touch with the league. They have a personal conduct policy that we are a part of. We have to respect the legal process. That's where we're at.

"It's not an easy situation. It's in the courts, and we have to respect that process."

Hardy will be a full participant at training camp. No disciplinary action has been taken by the NFL or the Panthers at this time.