Panthers TopCats Auditions | Carolina Panthers - Panthers.com
2019 TopCats Pride Prep Classes
- Date | Time | Dance Style | Demonstration/Discussion
- Wed, March 6 | 6:30-8:30 pm | Jazz Technique | Fitness and Exercise
- Sat, March 9 | 8:00-10:00 am | Pom and Drill | Interview and Attire
- Wed, March 13 | 6:30-8:30 pm | Hip Hop | Hair and Makeup
- Sat, March 16 | 8:00-10:00 am | Kicks and Turns | Stretch
All Pride Prep classes will be held at Bank of America Stadium.
Choreography will be taught at each clinic by the TopCats choreographer. Learn field combinations, performance style, high-kicking choreography, technical skills, and more. Training topics and choreography will be different for each session. A focused demonstration and discussion will be highlighted at each clinic. Class check-in will begin thirty minutes prior to class start time listed above.
Top Tickets will be awarded each clinic to automatically advance candidates through Rounds 1 and 2 of preliminary auditions to become Semi-Finalists.
- Ages 18 and older can participate in Pride Prep Classes
- Participants are asked to register online
- Each class is $25 or all 4 classes for $75 (pre-registrants only)
- Class size will be limited
- Walk-up registration is $30 per class; admission based on space availability
- All classes are non-refundable
Please attend wearing comfortable attire that you can move in, and that will best enhance your personality and style. For footwear, any type of dance shoes or sneakers with rubber soles is recommended. Skin toned dance tights are preferred.
2019 TopCats Auditions
Belong to the “Pride of the Carolinas” and audition to become a member of the 2019-2020 Carolina Panthers Cheerleaders on Saturday, April 13, 2019. Experience the thrill of performing at all Panthers home games, giving back in the community through organization outreach events and appearances, and creating lasting, lifelong friendships. Preliminary rounds of auditions to be hosted at Bank of America Stadium in Charlotte, N.C.
- Online registration completed
- $25 non-refundable registration fee (online)
- Must be 21 years of age by April 28, 2019.
- Preliminaries Round 1 and 2 – Saturday, April 13 | Check-in begins at 9:00am
- Semi-Finals Rehearsal – Sunday, April 14 | 10:00am-2:00pm
- Semi-Finals Interviews – Monday, April 15, 2019 and Tuesday, April 16, 2019
- Semi-Finals Competition – Wednesday, April 17, 2019 | 6:30pm-9:30pm
- Finals Rehearsal 1 – Wednesday, April 24, 2019 | 6:30pm-9:30pm
- Finals Rehearsal 2 – Saturday, April 27, 2019 | 7:00am-10:00am
- 2019 TopCats Finals – Sunday, April 28, 2019 | 7:00am-11:00am
Selected candidates must be in attendance for all the dates listed above. Please note that all audition events are closed to the public.
Round 1 of Preliminary Auditions will consist of contestants dancing to a one minute clip of fun, up-tempo music ranging between 130-140 beats per minute. Please prepare dance movement for 16 eight counts of music. Dance style may be choreographed or improvisational. Candidates will dance in groups of five. The dance area for each candidate will be four feet square, limit traveling skills and floor work to accommodate this space.
Those candidates advancing through Round 1 will be taught a dance routine by the TopCats choreographer. This routine will be performed in groups of 5 during Round 2.
Preliminary judging includes basic dance skills, physical fitness, presentation, and showmanship.