History: Carolina vs. Tampa Bay
- Carolina is 24-17 against Tampa Bay all-time, including 12-9 at home
- Current Streak: Tampa Bay W2
- Last matchup: Tampa Bay won 46-23
- CB Ross Cockrell played for Carolina from 2018-19
- QB Tom Brady and TE Rob Gronkowski played with Carolina CB Stephon Gilmore in New England from 2017-18
|Total Yards/Game||308.1 (29th)||402.4 (2nd)|
|Rushing Yards/Game||112.6 (16th)||97.6 (24th)|
|Net Passing Yards/Game||195.4 (29th)||304.9 (1st)|
|Sacks Allowed||36 (t-24th)||21 (t-1st)|
|Third Down Efficiency||35.4 (27th)||46.4 (2nd)|
|Points/Game||19.4 (25th)||29.3 (1st)|
|Total Yards/Game||294.4 (2nd)||333.6 (1st)|
|Rushing Yards/Game||115.6 (t-19th)||89.0 (3rd)|
|Passing Yards/Game||178.8 (2nd)||244.6 (20th)|
|Sacks||36 (t-9th)||37 (t-5th)|
|Third Down Efficiency||36.9 (8th)||38.3 (12th)|
|Takeaways||16 (t-21st)||25 (t-5th)|
|Points Allowed/Game||22.4 (16th)||21.9 (13th)|
Stat Nuggets To Know
- Carolina has not allowed a TD on the opponent's first drive in any game this season, the only team in the league with that distinction. The last time a team went a whole season without allowing an opening drive TD was the 2016 Pittsburgh Steelers.
- Carolina has 67 tackles for loss (t-7th) and 36 sacks (t-10th) this season.
- In the first quarter, Carolina has a +49 scoring margin, second-best in the NFL. Carolina's average time of possession in the first quarter of 9:13 ranks fourth in the NFL.
- Carolina is tied for sixth in the NFL with five strip sacks this season.
- Carolina's duo of Haason Reddick and Brian Burns currently have 20.0 combined sacks. That ties for the most for Carolina through 14 games since Charles Johnson/Greg Hardy had 21.5 in 2012.
- Since Week 10, Cam Newton's five rushing touchdowns are tied for third-most in the NFL. He could become the first QB in NFL history to rush for a TD in six consecutive games on Sunday.
- DJ Moore ranks seventh in the NFC with 986 receiving yards, while his 10 receptions of 50+ yards are tied for most in the NFL since 2018.
- Taylor Moton is tied for second in the NFL with just one sack allowed, while his PFF grade of 74.9 ranks sixth among NFC linemen.
- Reddick is fourth in the NFC with 11.0 sacks, while Burns ranks third among NFC defensive linemen with 9.0 sacks.
- Stephon Gilmore ranks fifth among all NFC cornerbacks with a PFF grade of 82.2.
- Jeremy Chinn currently leads the Panthers with 98 tackles. His 214 career tackles are the most of any player from the 2020 draft class.
Milestones in Reach
- Needs one rushing touchdown on Sunday for his sixth consecutive game with a rushing touchdown, the most by any NFL QB in the Super Bowl era.
- Needs six passing or rushing touchdowns to tie Steve Young (275) for 18th in the NFL Super Bowl era.
- Needs 14 receiving yards for his third-straight season with 1,000 receiving yards. Only Steve Smith (2005-08) and Greg Olsen (2014-16) have had three consecutive 1,000-yard receiving seasons in franchise history.
- Needs three rushing touchdowns to tie Fred Lane (7) for second-most among rookie running backs in franchise history behind Jonathan Stewart (10)
- Needs one game with at least 1.5 sacks to BREAK the franchise record of five games with multiple sacks in a single season (Kevin Greene, 1999; Charles Johnson 2012)
- Needs 4.0 sacks to tie Kevin Greene (1998) and Greg Hardy (2013) with the franchise record of 15.0 sacks in a season
- Needs 2.5 sacks to tie Thomas Davis (28.0) for eighth all-time in sacks in franchise history
- Need 3.5 combined sacks to tie Charles Johnson/Greg Hardy (23.5, 2012) for the second-most by a duo in a single season...Need 8.0 combined sacks to tie Lamar Lathon/Kevin Greene (28.0, 1996) for the franchise record
- Needs two tackles to reach 100 on the season. He would become the third Panther (Luke Kuechly, Jon Beason) with over 100 tackles in each of his first two seasons, according to press box statistics.
Carolina is 24-18 all-time against the Tampa Bay Buccaneers, posting a 12-10 record at home and 12-8 on the road.