History: Panthers vs. Giants
- Carolina is 7-4 all-time against the Giants, posting a 4-3 record on the road all-time.
- Current Streak: Panthers W3
- Last matchup: Carolina won 33-31 on a 63-yard field goal by Graham Gano
- Safety Sean Chandler played for the Giants from 2018-20
- Tight end Colin Thompson spent time with New York in 2017
- Head coach Matt Rhule was an assistant coach with the Giants in 2012
- Special team coach Chase Blackburn played for New York from 2005-12
- Quarterbacks coach Sean Ryan was on staff with the Giants from 2007-15
- General manager Scott Fitterer was in the Giants scouting department from 1998-2000
- Cornerback James Bradberry played for Carolina from 2016-19
- Kicker Graham Gano was with the Panthers from 2012-19
- General manager Dave Gettleman was with Carolina from 2013-17
|Total Yards/Game||353.8 (18th)||360.7 (16th)|
|Rushing Yards/Game||109.5 (17th)||89.8 (25th)|
|Net Passing Yards/Game||244.3 (15th)||270.0 (10th)|
|Sacks Allowed||18 (t-26th)||12 (t-13th)|
|Third Down Efficiency||35.0 (26th)||37.7 (24th)|
|Points/Game||23.8 (16th)||19.0 (27th)|
|Total Yards/Game||308.3 (3rd)||401.3 (27th)|
|Rushing Yards/Game||111.5 (15th)||137.2 (29th)|
|Passing Yards/Game||196.8 (2nd)||264.2 (22nd)|
|Sacks||16 (t-6th)||10 (t-27th)|
|Third Down Efficiency||29.6 (2nd)||43.0 (21st)|
|Takeaways||6 (t-19th)||8 (t-10th)|
|Points Allowed/Game||20.2 (6th)||29.5 (t-29th)|
Stat Nuggets To Know
- Last week, the Panthers blocked a punt for a TD, the first since 1998 in franchise history. Carolina's special teams EPA was 14.71, the highest by any team in a game this year.
- Carolina's defense ranks third in the NFL in total yards allowed (308.3) and second in passing yards allowed (196.8). Opponents have converted just 29.6 percent of third down tries, second-best in the NFL.
- The Panthers have six forced fumbles this season, tied for sixth-best in the NFL.
- Carolina's 29 tackles for loss is tied for fifth in the league.
- In the red zone, Carolina has converted on the ground. The team has eight rushing touchdowns, tied for fourth-best in the NFL. Since Week 3, Carolina is tied for sixth in the NFL in converting all but one goal-to-go opportunity.
- However, over that same stretch, the Panthers' offense has converted just 31.4 percent of third-down tries.
- Wide receiver DJ Moore is seventh in the league with 513 receiving yards. His 202 yards after catch rank seventh among wide receivers.
- Running back Chuba Hubbard ranks third in the NFL among rookies with 281 rushing yards.
- Linebacker Haason Reddick is tied for third in the NFL with 6.5 sacks and tied for second with eight tackles for loss. He's the only player this season with four games of at least 1.5 sacks in each game.
- Cornerback Donte Jackson has 11 career interceptions, tied with Minkah Fitzpatrick for the most by any player in the 2018 draft class.
Milestones in Reach
- Needs 234 receiving yards to pass Wesley Walls (3,902) for fourth place in Panthers history.
- Needs one game with at least 1.5 sacks to tie the franchise record of five games with multiple sacks in a single season (Kevin Greene, 1999; Charles Johnson 2012)
- Needs 1.5 sacks to pass Kris Jenkins (20.5) for seventh among defensive linemen in Panthers history
- Needs three interceptions to tie Richard Marshall/Doug Evans (14) for fifth all-time in franchise history
- Needs 11 tackles to pass Will Witherspoon (157) for the most tackles in the first two seasons by a non-middle linebacker.
Take a look at some pictures from past matchups between the Panthers and Giants. Carolina leads the all-time series 7-5.