WiFi Policy | Carolina Panthers - Panthers.com
Panthers Public Wi-Fi Policy
These Terms and Conditions sets out the terms and conditions on which wireless Internet access ("the Service") is provided free of charge to you, a guest or employee of Panthers Stadium, LLC ("Stadium").
Your access to the Service is completely at the discretion of Stadium. Access to the Service may be blocked, suspended, or terminated at any time for any reason including, but not limited to, violation of these Terms and Conditions, actions that may lead to liability for Stadium, disruption of access to other users or networks, and violation of applicable laws or regulations. Stadium reserves the right to monitor and collect information while you are connected to the Service and that the collected information can be used at discretion of Stadium, including sharing the information with any law enforcement agencies, as well as partners and vendors of Stadium, including but not limited to Panthers Football, LLC, the National Football League, and their respective partners and vendors.
Stadium may revise these Terms and Conditions at any time. You must accept these Terms and Conditions each time you are presented with the Terms and Conditions, and it is your responsibility to review it for any changes each time.
We reserve the right at all times to withdraw the Service, change the specifications or manner of use of the Service, to change access codes, usernames, passwords or other security information necessary to access the service.
IF YOU DO NOT AGREE WITH THESE TERMS, INCLUDING CHANGES THERETO, DO NOT ACCESS OR USE THE SERVICE.
- that the Service may not be uninterrupted or error-free;
- that your device may be exposed to viruses or other harmful applications through the Service;
- that Stadium does not control and is not responsible for third-party data, content, services, or products that you access or download through the Service.
- that Stadium does not guarantee the security of the Service and that unauthorized third parties may access your computer or files or otherwise monitor your connection;
- that Stadium's ability to provide the Service without charge is based on the limited warranty, disclaimer and limitation of liability specified in this Section and it would require a substantial charge if any of these provisions were unenforceable;
The service and any products or services provided on or in connection with the service are provided on an "as is", "as available" basis without warranties of any kind. All warranties, conditions, representations, indemnities and guarantees with respect to the content or service and the operation, capacity, speed, functionality, qualifications, or capabilities of the services, goods or personnel resources provided hereunder, whether express or implied, arising by law, custom, prior oral or written statements by Stadium, or otherwise (including, but not limited to any warranty of satisfactory quality, merchantability, fitness for particular purpose, title and non-infringement) are hereby overridden, excluded and disclaimed.
2. ACCEPTABLE USE OF THE SERVICE
2.1 You must not use the Service to access Internet Services, or send or receive e-mails or other materials, which:
2.1.1 are defamatory, threatening, intimidating or which could be classified as harassment, including but not limited to material or language that encourages bodily harm or destruction of property;
2.1.2 contain obscene, profane or abusive language or material;
2.1.3 contain pornographic material (that is text, pictures, films, video clips of a sexually explicit or arousing nature);
2.1.4 contain offensive or derogatory images regarding sex, race, religion, color, origin, age, physical or mental disability, medical condition or sexual orientation;
2.1.5 contain material which infringe third party's rights (including intellectual property rights);
2.1.6 in our reasonable opinion may adversely affect the manner in which we carry out our work;
2.1.7 are bulk and/or commercial messages;
2.1.8 contain forged or misrepresented message headers, whether in whole or in part, to mask the originator of the message;
2.1.9 are activities that invade another's privacy; or
2.1.10 are otherwise unlawful or inappropriate;
2.2 Music, video, pictures, text and other content on the Internet are copyright works and you should not download, alter, e-mail or otherwise use such content unless certain that the owner of such works has authorized its use by you.
2.3 You must not use the Service to access illegally or without authorization computers, accounts, equipment or networks belonging to another party, or attempting to penetrate security measures of another system. This includes any activity that may be used as a precursor to an attempted system penetration, including, but not limited to, port scans, stealth scans, or other information gathering activity.
2.4 You must not use the service to distribute Internet Viruses, Trojan Horses, or other destructive software, or information regarding the creation of and sending Internet viruses, worms, Trojan horses, pinging, flooding, mail-bombing, or denial of service attacks. Also, activities that disrupt the use of or interfere with the ability of others to effectively use the node or any connected network, system, service, or equipment.
2.5 You may not use the Service to record or send audio and/or video streams or recordings to locations outside the stadium, including but not limited to applications such as Periscope or Facebook. Members of the press who wish to send video streams may utilize other methods of sending video streams, such as wired ports or cellular data so long as the video stream is in compliance with current NFL policy regarding content and is approved by the Carolina Panthers Public Relations department.
2.6 You may not use the Service for hacking.
2.7 You may not use the Service to advertise, transmit, or otherwise make available any software product, product, or service that is designed to violate these Terms and Conditions, which includes the facilitation of the means to spam, initiation of pinging, flooding, mail-bombing, denial of service attacks, and piracy of software.
2.8 You may not use the Service for the sale, transfer, or rental of the Service to customers, clients or other third parties, either directly or as part of a service or product created for resale.
2.9 You may not use the Service to seek information on passwords or data belonging to another user.
2.10 You may not use the Service to make unauthorized copies of proprietary software, or offering unauthorized copies of proprietary software to others.
2.11 You may not use the Service to intercept or examine the content of messages, files or communications in transit on a data network.
2.12 You may not use the Service for high bandwidth operations, such as large file transfers and media sharing with peer-to-peer programs (e.g., torrents).
2.13 The Service is intended for Stadium guest use only. Access to this Service must not be used for commercial activity.
2.14 We may terminate or temporarily suspend the Service if we reasonably believe that you are in breach of any provisions of these Terms and Conditions.
2.15 We recommend that you do not use the service to transmit or receive any confidential information or data and should you choose to do so you do so at your own risk.
2.16 The Service will assign you a temporary IP address each time you access The Service. You may not program any other IP or MAC address into your device that accesses The Service.
2.17 You may not modify, adapt, translate, or reverse engineer any portion of The Service.
2.18 You must not log onto The Service under false or fraudulent pretenses or identities.
2.19 You must not transmit content that falsely expresses or implies that it is sponsored or endorsed by the Carolina Panthers, that infringes, misappropriates or violates the intellectual property, publicity, privacy or other proprietary rights of any party, or that is defamatory, unlawful or promotes or encourages illegal activity.
3. CRIMINAL ACTIVITY
3.1 You must not use the Service to engage in any activity which constitutes or is capable of constituting a criminal offence.
3.2 You agree and acknowledge that we may be required to provide assistance and information to law enforcement, governmental agencies and other authorities.
3.3 You agree and acknowledge that we will monitor your activity while you use this service and keep a log of the Internet Protocol ("IP") addresses of any devices which access the Service, the times when they have accessed the Service and the activity associated with that IP address
3.4 You further agree we are entitled to co-operate with law enforcement authorities and rights-holders in the investigation of any suspected or alleged illegal activity by you which may include, but is not limited to, disclosure of such information as we have (whether pursuant to clause 3.3 or otherwise), and are entitled to provide by law, to law enforcement authorities or rights-holders.
4. INFORMATION COLLECTION, USE, AND SHARING
4.1 You generally are not required to provide information about yourself when you visit the Service. However, we may ask you for your name and email address when you connect to the Service.
4.2 We may use information that we collect through the Services for a variety of purposes, including to:
- Provide you with the products, promotions, services, newsletters and information you request and respond to correspondence that we receive from you;
- Contact you via email and otherwise about your account, newsletters, products, services, contests and events that we think might be of interest to you;
- Send you promotional material or special offers on our behalf or on behalf of our marketing partners and/or their respective affiliates and subsidiaries and other third parties;
- Maintain or administer the Service, perform business analyses for us or our partners and/or for other internal purposes to improve the quality of our business, the Service and other products and services we offer;
- Customize and personalize your use of the Services;
- Locate a place that you may be searching for in your area. We will only share this information with our mapping provider for the sole purpose of providing you this service;
- Send you push notifications from time-to-time in order to update you about any events or promotions that we may be running;
- As otherwise described to you at the point of collection or pursuant to your consent.
4.3 We are committed to maintaining your trust, and we want you to understand when and with whom we may share the information we collect. We will share your personal information with third parties only in the ways that are described in these Terms and Conditions. We may share your information with:
- Service Providers: We may share your information with service providers that perform certain functions or services on our behalf (such as to host the Service, fulfill orders, provide products and services, manage databases, perform analyses, process credit card payments, provide customer service, or send communications for us).
- Subsidiaries and Affiliates: We may share your information with all members of the NFL Family, including, without limitation, NFL Properties LLC, NFL International LLC, NFL Enterprises LLC, NFL Ventures, L.P., and NFL Ventures, Inc.
- Select Business Partners: With your permission, we may share your information with select business partners so that they can provide you with special offers, promotional materials and other materials that may be of interest to you. For example, you may be presented with an opportunity to have certain information shared with our third-party business partners when you enter a contest or sweepstakes or elect to receive marketing offers or other information. If you do not elect to have your information shared, it will not be shared with such third parties. We take measures to help ensure that our partners protect the confidentiality, integrity and security of any information we share with them. However, we are not responsible for the privacy practices of our business partners, which may use your information for their own purposes.
- Third-Party Ad Serving and Audience and Traffic Measurement Services: We may use third parties to serve advertisements on the Services. These third parties may set their own cookies or similar web technologies to collect information about users' online activities over time and across different websites. To manage your preferences, you may opt out at http://preferences-mgr.truste.com.
- Business Transfer: If we sell all or part of our business, make a sale or transfer of assets, are otherwise involved in a merger or business transfer, or in the unlikely event of bankruptcy, business reorganization or similar event, we may transfer your information as part of such transaction.
- Aggregate Information: Notwithstanding anything to the contrary, we may share aggregate information, such as demographic and usage statistics, with advertisers, sponsors or other organizations.
4.4 If your information changes or you no longer desire to use the Service, you may request that we update or remove certain information by emailing our Customer Support at firstname.lastname@example.org or contacting us by telephone or postal mail at the contact information listed below. We will try to respond to your request within 30 days.
800 South Mint St.
Charlotte, NC 28202
We will retain your information for as long as your account is active or as needed to provide you services. We will retain and use your information as necessary to comply with our legal obligations, resolve disputes and enforce our agreements.
5. OTHER TERMS
5.1 Under no circumstances will Stadium, their suppliers or licensors, or their respective officers, directors, employees, agents, and affiliates be liable for consequential, indirect, special, punitive or incidental damages, whether foreseeable or unforeseeable, based on claims of the Guest or its appointees (including, but not limited to, unauthorized access, damage, or theft of your system or data, claims for loss of goodwill, claims for loss of data, use of or reliance on the service, stoppage of other work or impairment of other assets, or damage caused to equipment or programs from any virus or other harmful application), arising out of breach or failure of express or implied warranty, breach of contract, misrepresentation, negligence, strict liability in tort or otherwise.
5.2 You agree to release, indemnify and hold harmless Stadium and its suppliers, licensors, officers, directors, employees, agents and affiliates from any claim, liability, loss, damage, cost, or expense (including without limitation reasonable attorney's fees) arising out of or related to your use of the Service, any materials downloaded or uploaded through the Service, any actions taken by you in connection with your use of the Service, any violation of any third party's rights or an violation of law or regulation, or any breach of these Terms and Conditions. This Section will not be construed to limit or exclude any other claims or remedies that Stadium may assert under these Terms and Conditions or by law.
5.3 These Terms and Conditions shall not be construed as creating a partnership, joint venture, agency relationship or granting a franchise between the parties. If any provision of these Terms and Conditions is held to be unenforceable, in whole or in part, such holding will not affect the validity of the other provisions of these Terms and Conditions.
5.4 Stadium's performance of these Terms and Conditions is subject to existing laws and legal process, and nothing contained in these Terms and Conditions shall waive or impede Stadium's right to comply with law enforcement requests or requirements relating to your use of this Service or information provided to or gathered by Stadium with respect to such use. These Terms and Conditions constitutes the complete and entire statement of all terms, conditions and representations of the agreement between you and Stadium with respect to its subject matter and supersedes all prior writings or understanding.
By agreeing to the terms of service, I confirm that I accept these terms and conditions as the basis of my use of the wireless Internet access provided.