The Panthers' opponents for the 2017 season have been completed based on the regular season standings for 2016.
In addition to home and away games against NFC South foes Atlanta, New Orleans and Tampa Bay, Carolina will play all four teams from both the NFC North and the AFC East. The Panthers' remaining two intra-conference opponents are based on the 2016 standings. Carolina will host Philadelphia and play at San Francisco with all three teams locked into last place in their respective divisions. This is the first last-place finish for Carolina since 2010.
Dates and times will be announced by the NFL in the spring. After that, an on-sale date for single-game tickets to Panthers home games for the 2017 season will be determined.
|Atlanta Falcons ||Atlanta Falcons |
|New Orleans Saints ||New Orleans Saints |
|Tampa Bay Buccaneers ||Tampa Bay Buccaneers |
|Green Bay Packers ||Chicago Bears |
|Minnesota Vikings ||Detroit Lions |
|Buffalo Bills ||New England Patriots |
|Miami Dolphins ||New York Jets |
|Philadelphia Eagles ||San Francisco 49ers |
A few notes on Carolina's 2017 opponents:
- The Panthers are 10-14 all time against the AFC East and 19-25 against the NFC North.
- Carolina is 4-6 all time against the Eagles and 12-8 against the 49ers.
- Carolina is visiting the Patriots and the Jets for the first time since 2009. This is the first time the Panthers are hosting the Bills and Dolphins since 2009.
- Miami, Buffalo and Tennessee are the only teams the Panthers have never beaten at Bank of America Stadium. Carolina has previously hosted each twice.
- After making a team-record four West Coast trips in 2016, the Panthers travel to the West Coast just once (San Francisco).
- This is the first time the Seahawks aren't on the schedule since 2011.