- Lead the all-time series with Tampa Bay, 21-13. With a win Sunday, Carolina will have swept the season series for the fourth time in the past five seasons.
- Are 22-7 in December during the Ron Rivera era, one game behind New England for the league’s best record in the month during that span.
- Have averaged a league-leading 165.9 rushing yards over their past eight games.
- Have been called for a league-low 72 penalties.
- Are 8-1 when receiving the second half kickoff.
- Have scored a league-leading 38 points off drives that start the third quarter.
- Are 9-0 when leading at halftime and 10-0 when leading after three quarters.
- Have scored a league-low 52 points in the second quarter.
|Total Yds/Game||17th (334.0)||11th (354.9)|
|Rush Yds/Game||4th (135.7)||27th (91.0)|
|Pass Yds/Game||27th (198.3)||5th (263.9)|
|3rd Down Efficiency||6th (43.3%)||14th (40.0%)|
|Points/Game||12th (23.6)||t20th (20.4)|
|Total Yds/Game||5th (307.9)||31st (390.8)|
|Rush Yds/Game||5th (91.6)||23rd (119.5)|
|Pass Yds/Game||11th (216.3)||32nd (271.3)|
|3rd Down Efficiency||9th (36.9%)||32nd (49.0%)|
|Points/Game||11th (20.4)||22nd (24.0)|
- QB Cam Newton has accounted for 12 touchdowns and two interceptions in his past four home games against Tampa Bay. Newton needs 38 passing yards for his seventh 3,000-yard season which would tie him with Peyton Manning as the only QBs with seven 3,000-yard seasons to start a career.
- RB Jonathan Stewart needs 39 rushing yards for his 8th career 700-yard season. Only Frank Gore (10) and Matt Forte (9) have more since 2008.
- RB Christian McCaffrey, who leads all rookies with 73 receptions, needs one more to catch Kelvin Benjamin for most receptions by a Carolina rookie.
- TE Greg Olsen needs one receiving touchdown to tie Wesley Walls (54) for 9th-most among NFL tight ends.
- DE Julius Peppers has 18.5 sacks and five forced fumbles in 18 career games against Tampa Bay.
- TE Cameron Brate has 14 touchdowns since 2016, third-most amount TEs in that span.
- LB Lavonte David leads the NFC with five forced fumbles and has a league-leading five fumble recoveries.