- Trail their all-time series with the Falcons, 27-17. Atlanta has won three straight meetings after Carolina won had won five of six.
- Have held their past two opponents to 4-of-23 on third down.
- Haven't allowed an offensive touchdown since early in the fourth quarter of Week 6's loss to the Eagles, a stretch of 134:55.
- Have had at least three sacks in seven of their eight games this season.
- Are averaging 21.9 points per game, well off their league-best 33.8 mark in 2016.
- Have scored just 19 points in the third quarter a year after they led the league with 135 points in the third.
- Have forced a league-low four turnovers.
- Have allowed only 14 points in the first quarter this season, the second-fewest in the league behind Philadelphia.
|Total Yds/Game||21st (311.0)||5th (374.4)|
|Rush Yds/Game||20th (97.6)||11th (123.3)|
|Pass Yds/Game||19th (213.4)||9th (251.1)|
|3rd Down Efficiency||4th (44.8%)||11th (41.0%)|
|Points/Game||23rd (18.5)||t15th (21.8)|
|Total Yds/Game||2nd (264.0)||11th (320.6)|
|Rush Yds/Game||5th (81.6)||11th (102.1)|
|Pass Yds/Game||3rd (182.4)||14th (218.4)|
|3rd Down Efficiency||6th (33.0%)||17th (39.6%)|
|Points/Game||5th (17.8)||t15th (21.7)|
- QB Cam Newton has thrown for 17 touchdowns while running for six more in 12 career meetings with the Falcons.
- RB Christian McCaffrey needs 36 receiving yards to set the franchise record for most by an RB in a single season.
- TE Ed Dickson is averaging 15.9 yards per receptions, most among NFL TEs with 20-plus catches.
- LB Thomas Davis has 45 tackles, two forced fumbles and two interceptions in his past five home meetings with the Falcons.
- QB Matt Ryan has won his last three starts against the Panthers, completing 78 of 100 passes for 1,086 yards with seven touchdowns and one interception for a 131.1 passer rating. Ryan has already thrown six picks this season after totaling just seven last year.
- C Alex Mack has not allowed a sack or a QB hit this season.
- LB Vic Beasley ranks second in the NFC with 18.5 sacks since 2016.
- LB Deion Jones has had 11 or more tackles in each of his past three games.