In accordance with NFL Best Practices, security will be heightened at Bank of America Stadium on Sunday. Fans should expect to see an increase in security outside of entry gates. The Charlotte-Mecklenburg Police Department will have a larger presence with more officers at the gates, on bike patrol, and patrons will see additional observation towers in the area.
"As always, the safety of our fans, stadium personnel, and the teams remain our first priority," said Carolina Panthers Executive Director – Risk Management Lance Emory. "We will have heightened security on game day, and encourage fans to arrive early and leave bags at home if at all possible."
Below is the NFL Bag Policy and some helpful suggestions for fans attending the game on Sunday:
- Please try to arrive to the stadium a few minutes earlier than you typically do on game day.
- We encourage patrons to leave all bags at home, but if you must bring a bag please limit the items you carry in the bag. If we are unable to see all items in the clear bags, or if the clear bag is larger than 12"x12"x6", you will not be permitted to enter the Bag Check or Express lines.
- The Carolina Panthers offer free clear bags at tents located at Graham Street and Martin Luther King, Jr. Boulevard, at the corner of Mint and Stonewall Streets, at the intersection of Mint and Morehead Streets, and near the practice field.
- Purses and bags smaller than 4.5" x 6.5" are permitted after inspection at the gates. If the purse or bag is larger than 4.5"x 6.5", you will not be permitted to enter the Bag Check or Express lines.
- It is always more efficient to use our Express Lanes. Please remember to remove all metal objects from your pockets prior to reaching a screener. This will ensure a more efficient entry for all fans.
- As we approach the cold weather season, please unzip your jackets and remove your hats as you approach the screeners. This will ensure a more efficient entry for all fans.