- The Panthers forced four turnovers (three fumbles and one interception) while not surrendering any giveaways. It marked the most takeaways since Carolina's win over Tampa Bay in London last season.
- Carolina recorded two sacks and eight quarterback pressures after totaling zero and one in those respective categories through the first two weeks of the season.
- The Panthers were 3-of-12 on third down and 1-of-6 in the red zone; the Chargers were 10-of-15 on third down and 2-of-3 in the red zone.
- A week after allowing five sacks and committing nine penalties, the Panthers gave up two sacks and committed three penalties.
- The Panthers had just two rushing first downs, making Sunday the first time since 2013 that Carolina won with two or fewer rushing first downs.
- Running back Mike Davis had 46 rushing yards and eight receptions for 45 receiving yards and a touchdown. He has eight receptions in consecutive games, tying Christian McCaffrey as the only running back in franchise history with at least eight receptions in back-to-back games.
- Kicker Joey Slye went 5-of-5 on field goals, one shy of the single-game franchise record. His four field goals in the first half tied John Kasay (4, 2004 vs. New Orleans) for the most in one half in franchise history.
- Cornerback Donte Jackson had an interception for the second-straight week, the ninth of his career. Jackson has 110 return yards on his two interceptions in 2020 after totaling 25 return yards on his first seven in 2018-19.
- Linebacker Shaq Thompson had a team-high 13 tackles, and he recovered a fumble he also forced, which set up a touchdown. It was his third career fumble recovery and first since Week 2 of 2016.
- Rookie safety Jeremy Chinn had 12 tackles, tying for the most in one game by a Panthers' rookie defensive back (Daryl Worley, 2016). Chinn's 26 tackles leads all NFL rookies through three weeks.
- Running back Austin Ekeler had 59 yards rushing and 11 catches for 84 yards. It marked the most receptions by an opposing running back since Matt Forte had 12 for the Bears in 2014.
View photos of game action as Carolina takes on the Los Angeles Chargers in Week 3.