History: Carolina vs. Atlanta
- Carolina is 20-33 all-time against Atlanta, including a 12-14 record at home
- Carolina has only won two home games against the Falcons since 2013
- Current Streak: Panthers W1
- Last matchup: Carolina won 19-13 in Atlanta on 10/31/21
- Running back Mike Davis played for Carolina in 2019-20
- Defensive back T.J. Green was on Carolina's roster in 2019
|Total Yards/Game||308.7 (29th)||316.3 (24th)|
|Rushing Yards/Game||111.3 (16th)||88.0 (t-27th)|
|Net Passing Yards/Game||197.4 (29th)||228.3 (17th)|
|Sacks Allowed||31 (t-21st)||26 (t-17th)|
|Third Down Efficiency||34.8 (28th)||40.3 (16th)|
|Points/Game||19.7 (24th)||18.0 (27th)|
|Total Yards/Game||290.9 (2nd)||367.1 (25th)|
|Rushing Yards/Game||114.3 (17th)||119.3 (22nd)|
|Passing Yards/Game||176.7 (2nd)||247.8 (18th)|
|Sacks||32 (t-4th)||15 (32nd)|
|Third Down Efficiency||35.1 (5th)||48.3 (30th)|
|Takeaways||14 (t-17th)||12 (26th)|
|Points Allowed/Game||21.1 (7th)||27.7 (31st)|
Stat Nuggets To Know
- The pass defense is allowing just 176.7 net pass yards per game, currently second-best in the NFL and fourth-best of any team over the last 10 years.
- Carolina has not allowed a TD on the opponent's first drive in any game this season, the only team in the league with that distinction.
- Over the last five weeks, Carolina has eight takeaways, tied for ninth-most in the NFL. Carolina had just three takeaways over the previous five weeks.
- Carolina has 61 tackles for loss (6th) and 32 sacks (t-4th) this season.
- In the first quarter, Carolina has averaged 9:29 in time of possession, good for fourth in the NFL. On the season, Carolina's overall average time of possession margin of 1:53 is 10th in the NFL.
- Carolina's duo of Haason Reddick and Brian Burns currently tie for second in the NFL for total sacks (18.5) among any two teammates, trailing Pittsburgh's T.J. Watt/Cameron Heyward (22.5).
- DJ Moore ranks seventh in the NFC with 854 receiving yards, while his 10 receptions of 50+ yards are tied for most in the NFL since 2018.
- Taylor Moton is second in the NFL with just one sack allowed, while his PFF grade of 72.9 ranks sixth among NFC linemen through 12 weeks.
- Reddick is third in the NFC with 10.5 sacks and is the only player in the NFL with at least 12 TFL, one forced fumble, one fumble recovery and 50 tackles.
- Burns is one of two players in the NFL with at least 12 tackles for loss and four passes defended, while ranking second among NFC defensive linemen with 8.0 sacks.
- Stephon Gilmore leads all cornerbacks with a PFF grade of 90.0, allowing a passer rating of 33.9 when targeted.
- Between Weeks 8-12, Shaq Thompson ranked sixth in the NFC in tackles (44) and second among linebackers with three pass deflections.
- Jeremy Chinn has played 98.7 percent of team defensive snaps this season, eighth-most in the NFC. According to Next Gen Stats, Chinn has 371 "sprints" in play, seventh-most among NFC defensive backs.
Milestones in Reach
- Needs one passing or rushing touchdown to tie Dan Fouts (267) for 20th in the NFL Super Bowl era.
- Needs 647 rushing yards to pass Michael Vick (6,109) for the most by a quarterback in NFL history
- Needs 146 receiving yards for his third-straight season with 1,000 receiving yards. Only Steve Smith (2005-08) and Greg Olsen (2014-16) have had three consecutive 1,000-yard receiving seasons in franchise history.
- Needs one game with at least 1.5 sacks to BREAK the franchise record of five games with multiple sacks in a single season (Kevin Greene, 1999; Charles Johnson 2012)
- Needs 4.5 sacks to tie Kevin Greene (1998) and Greg Hardy (2013) with the franchise record of 15.0 sacks in a season
- Needs 3.5 sacks to tie Thomas Davis (28.0) for eighth all-time in sacks in franchise history
- Needs 22 tackles to reach 100 on the season. He would become the third Panther (Luke Kuechly, Jon Beason) with over 100 tackles in each of his first two seasons, according to press box statistics.
Carolina is 20-33 all-time against Atlanta.