|Own 1-20 - by Yard Line||15||10||5||0||2|
|Own 21-50 - by Yard Line||56||27||29||0||2|
|Opp 49-20 - by Yard Line||55||33||22||0||8||2||0||26||13||25|
|Opp 19-1 - by Yard Line||12||5||7||0||1||0|
|Last Two Minutes of Half||8||6||2||0||3|
Home vs Road
Margin of Victory
|Ahead by 9-16 Points||13||8||5||0||2||1||0||25||25||25|
|Ahead by 1-8 Points||28||14||14||0||3|
|Behind by 1-8 Points||26||13||13||0||1||4||1||0||1||1||1|
|Behind by 9-16 Points||20||8||12||0||0|
|4th Quarter within 7||11||6||5||0||1||2|
Luke Kuechly announced his retirement from football on January 14, 2020. A seven-time Pro Bowler, Kuechly finished with 1,092 tackles which led the NFL from 2012-19. His 18 interceptions were the most by any linebacker over that stretch and rank third in franchise history.
- Led the NFL with 1,092 tackles (based on press box statistics) between 2012-19.
- Kuechly led the NFL in tackles in 2012 and 2014. In 2012, he became the first rookie since San Francisco's Patrick Willis (2007) to lead the NFL in tackles.
- Tied NFL single-game record with 24 tackles (based on press box statistics) vs. New Orleans (12/22/13), previously accomplished by David Harris for the New York Jets (11/4/07).
- Recorded 18 interceptions between 2012-19, the most among NFL linebackers.
- Posted eight consecutive seasons with at least 100 tackles, becoming the fifth NFL player since tackles were recorded with eight straight 100-tackle seasons.
- Set Panthers single-season record with 205 tackles (coaches film) in 2012.
- Finished career ranked second in franchise history with 1,238 career tackles (coaches film), only 20 behind Thomas Davis (1,258).
- Owns three of the top five single-season tackle totals in team history.
- Only player in franchise history with more than 100 tackles in each of his first eight seasons as a Panther.
- Amassed a team-record 26 tackles (coaches film) in Panthers' 17-13 playoff-clinching win vs. New Orleans (12/22/13).
- Ranks third all-time with 18 interceptions and fourth with 26 takeaways.
- Started 16 games for Carolina in 2019...ranked fifth in the NFL with 144 total tackles...tied for first among NFL linebackers with 12 pass deflections...recorded two interceptions and one safety...Earned seventh-straight Pro Bowl nod and was named AP All-Pro Second Team.
- Started 16 games for Carolina in 2018…accumulated 156 tackles, two sacks, one interception, six passes defensed, two forced fumbles and one fumble recovery...Tied for third in the NFL with 20 tackles for loss...Earn sixth-straight Pro Bowl nod and fifth AP All-Pro First Team honor.
- Started and played in 15 games and was inactive for one for Carolina in 2017...Led the team with 134 tackles and three interceptions, earning his fifth-straight Pro Bowl nod...led a defense that ranked third in rushing defense, third in sacks and seventh in total defense, setting a franchise record for not allowing a 100-yard individual rusher all season.
- Named NFL Art Rooney Sportsmanship Award winner in 2017, which recognizes the NFL player who best demonstrates the qualities of outstanding sportsmanship on the playing field, including fair play, respect for opponents and integrity in competition.
- Started all 10 games played for Carolina in 2016...Inactive for the final six games of the season...Recorded 112 tackles, two sacks and a forced fumble in 2016, marking his fifth straight season with at least 100 tackles.
- Started 13 games and was inactive for three with a concussion in 2015 for Carolina...Started all three postseason contests including Super Bowl 50...Earned Pro Bowl and First-Team AP All-Pro honors after leading the team with 137 tackles and tied career high with four interceptions...Contributed to defensive unit that ranked in the top 10 in the NFL in total defense for the fourth consecutive year, finishing sixth.
- Became the first linebacker in the Super Bowl era with multiple interception return touchdowns in a single postseason with an interception return touchdown in the NFC Divisional Playoff vs. Seattle (1/17/16) and in the NFC Championship vs. Arizona (1/24/16).
- Earned NFC Defensive Player of the Week honors vs. Dallas (11/26/15) after becoming the first player since the Houston Oilers Marcus Robertson in 1997 to record interceptions on consecutive plays from scrimmage...Recorded single-game career high two interceptions, including a career-first interception returned for a touchdown.
- Led the NFL in 2014 for the second time in three years with 153 tackles (based on press box statistics)...Contributed to a defensive unit that ranked 10th in the NFL in total defense in 2014... Part of Panthers defense that set an NFL postseason record allowing 78 total net yards vs. Arizona (1/3/15).
- Named 2013 AP Defensive Player of the Year...Became the first player to earn AP Defensive Rookie of the Year and AP Defensive Player of the Year in consecutive years since Lawrence Taylor of the New York Giants in 1981 and 1982...Earned AP All-Pro First Team honors and was named to first career Pro Bowl.
- Registered a team-leading and career-high 11 passes defensed (according to press box statistics) in 2014, second most among NFL linebackers...Posted a career-high three sacks.
- Twice named NFC Defensive Player of the Week in 2013 for performances at San Francisco (11/10/13) and vs. New Orleans (12/22/13)...Produced 13 tackles, one sack and one pass defensed in Panthers' 10-9 win against 49ers...Amassed a team-record 26 tackles, one interception and one pass defensed in Panthers' 17-13 playoff-clinching win against Saints.
- Named 2012 Associated Press Defensive Rookie of the Year after becoming first rookie since Patrick Willis in 2007 to lead the NFL in tackles.
- Named NFL Defensive Rookie of the Month for December 2012…Totaled 74 tackles, one sack, one interception and two passes defensed as Panthers went 4-1 during month.
• AP Defensive Player of the Year (2013)
• 7x Pro Bowl (2013, 2014, 2015, 2016, 2017, 2018, 2019)
• 5x AP All-Pro First-Team (2013, 2014, 2015, 2017, 2018)
• 2x AP All-Pro Second-Team (2016, 2019)
• 4x PFWA All-NFC (2013, 2014, 2015, 2017)
• 5x Sporting News All-Pro (2013, 2014, 2015, 2016, 2017)
• 2x Sports Illustrated All-Pro (2013, 2014)
• NFL Art Rooney Sportsmanship Award Winner (2017)
• AP Defensive Rookie of the Year (2012)
• NFL 101 NFC Defensive Player of the Year (2013)
• Sporting News Defensive Player of the Year (2013)
• PFWA Defensive Rookie of the Year (2012)
• 5x NFC Defensive Player of the Week (2012, Week 14; 2013, Weeks 10 and 16; 2015, Week 12; 2017, Week 12)
• NFL Defensive Rookie of the Month (2012, December)
TRANSACTIONS: Selected in the first round (9th overall) of the NFL Draft by Carolina (4/26/12)...Signed to contract extension by Carolina (9/11/15)...Announced retirement from football (1/14/20)
GP/GS: Career (118/118) [6/6]; 2019 (16/16); 2018 (16/16); 2017 (15/15) [1/1]; 2016 (10/10); 2015 (13/13) [3/3]; 2014 (16/16) [2/2]; 2013 (16/16) [1/1]; 2012 (16/16).
Played in 38 games with 37 starts at Boston College...Finished career with an Atlantic Coast Conference (ACC) and school-record 532 tackles...Tackle total ranks second in NCAA history...Averaged an NCAA record 14.0 tackles per game...Only player to ever lead the nation in tackles more than once and first player to lead the ACC in tackles three times...As a junior in 2011, earned Bronko Nagurski Award as the nation's top defensive player, Butkus Award as the nation's most outstanding linebacker and Rotary Lombardi Award as the nation's best lineman or linebacker...First-team All-American...ACC Defensive Player of the Year...First-team All-ACC selection...Led the nation with a conference record 191 tackles, averaging a Football Bowl Subdivision record 15.9 tackles per game...As a sophomore in 2010, named first-team All-American...First-team All-ACC choice...Ranked first in the nation with 183 tackles...First-team Freshman All-American in 2009...ACC Defensive Rookie of the Year...First-team All-ACC selection...Finished second in the nation with 158 tackles.
Attended St. Xavier HS in Cincinnati, Ohio...Majored in marketing at Boston College...Last name is pronounced KEEK-lee.