Start training for the 2013 season by participating in the Blue 5K presented by the Carolina Panthers and Blue Cross and Blue Shield of North Carolina at Bank of America Stadium on Saturday, Aug. 3. Proceeds benefit Carolina Panthers Charities.
The 5K will start at 7:30 a.m. with baby joggers and wheelchair participants taking their mark two minutes earlier at 7:28 a.m. The Sir Purr Tot Trot is scheduled for 8:15 a.m. Download a course map.
An awards ceremony will take place after the race. Awards will be given in the following 5K divisions:
• Top five overall male and female
• Top three masters male and female
• Top three male and female age groups (14 & under, 15-19, 20-24, 25-29, 30-34, 35-39, 40-44, 45-49, 50-54, 55-59, 60-64, 65-69, 70 & up)
• Top three Clydesdale and Athena (men weighing 185 or more pounds and women weighing 140 or more pounds)
• Top male and female baby joggers
• Top male and female wheelchair
Prizes include custom Panthers jerseys and autographed merchandise. Come dressed in your Panthers gear for a chance to win the "#1 Fan" prize. All children that participate in the Sir Purr Tot Trot will receive a prize.
Runners may register one of three ways:
• Online through Aug. 1
• At any of the four Charlotte-area Run For Your Life locations through Aug. 2 (Dilworth - 2422 Park Road; Piper Glen - 6418 Rea Road; South Park - 4722-G Sharon Road; University - 1816 East Arbors Drive)
• Race Day
Entry fees for the 5K are $25 through July 15, $30 from July 16-Aug. 2 and $40 on race day. The Sir Purr Tot Trot costs $5.
Packets may be picked up on race day beginning at 6:30 a.m. or at Run For Your Life locations Aug. 1-2 during the following hours:
• Dilworth: Thursday 10 a.m.-7 p.m. and Friday 10 a.m.-7 p.m.
• Piper Glen: Thursday 10 a.m.-7 p.m. and Friday 10 a.m.-3 p.m.
• South Park: Thursday 10 a.m.-7 p.m. and Friday 10 a.m.-3 p.m.
• University: Thursday 10:30 a.m.-7:30 p.m. and Friday 10:30 a.m.-3 p.m.
If you register in-person or online prior to July 28 and select a Run For Your Life store for packet pick-up, you may get your packet at the Run For Your Life location you chose or on-site race day. If you do not select a Run For Your Life location on the registration form, the default location is Run For Your Life - Dilworth.
If you register in-person or online July 28-31, your packet will be available only at Run For Your Life - Dilworth or on-site race day. If you register in person Aug. 1-2, you may get your packet at your place of registration.