- Carolina improved to 7-4 against the Giants and 3-2 at home. Carolina has now won three in a row in the series.
- Carolina has now won eight straight games at home, tying New England for the longest active streak in the NFL. The Panthers have also won the game after the bye week in four consecutive seasons.
- The Panthers scored their first special teams touchdown of the season on a fumble recovery in the end zone by Colin Jones on a muffed punt by the Giants. It marked the first special teams touchdown since Week 16 of 2017 when Damiere Byrd scored a kickoff return touchdown.
- Carolina forced three turnovers to win the turnover battle 3-2. Since 2011, the Panthers are now 67-5-1 when positive in turnover margin. Carolina has won 14 straight games when positive in turnovers.
- Carolina has created 96 takeaways since 2015, the most in the NFL.
- The Panthers defense held the Giants to 0-for-7 on third down. It marked the first time since 2000 (10/8/00 - Seahawks) that Carolina has held an opponent without a third-down conversion in a game.
- The Panthers rushed for 118 yards and held the Giants to 50 rushing yards. Carolina is 40-13 since 2001 when rushing for at least 100 yards and holding an opponent under 100 yards.
- Sunday marked the eighth win by seven or fewer points in the last two seasons for Carolina. Since 2013, Carolina is 25-13 for a .654 winning percentage in games decided by seven or fewer points. Carolina has both the most wins and highest winning percentage in those games in the NFC since 2013.
NEW YORK GIANTS
- The Giants' 31 points were the most scored by New York since December 2015, when New York scored 35 points against Carolina.
- New York became the first team to score on Carolina with under two minutes in the fourth quarter this year.
- Graham Gano has now made 36 consecutive field goals at home, dating back to the 2016 season (10/10/16).
- Curtis Samuel's first career touchdown came on his first touch of the 2018 season. Earlier this year, Alex Armah and DJ Moore scored their first career touchdowns on their first career touches.
- Mike Adams made two interceptions, the fifth multiple-interception game of his career. Since 2014, Adams has 16 interceptions, tied for the third-most interceptions in the NFL over that span. In his career, Adams has 45 total takeaways (29 interceptions, 16 fumble recoveries), the most among all active players.
- Cam Newton ran for 29 yards on the ground, bringing him to 4,485 career rushing yards, the most ever by a quarterback with a single franchise (Randall Cunningham – 4,482 with Philadelphia).
- Colin Jones scored his first career touchdown on a fumble recovery in the end zone of a botched punt.
NEW YORK GIANTS
- With 129 scrimmage yards, Saquon Barkley joined who Adrian Peterson and Kareem Hunt as the only players with 100 scrimmage yards in each of the first five career games.
- The Panthers have now won 13 games in a row when leading at halftime. The last time that Carolina lost when holding a halftime lead was in Week 17 of the 2016 season.