The Carolina Panthers and Riddell will award five equipment grants, each with a retail value of approximately $1,000. The partnership between the Panthers and Riddell will provide new and advanced equipment, promote growth and increased participation in youth football, and reinforce the commitment that the Panthers and Riddell have for the youth football community in the Carolinas.
Five different grant options, each of which comes with a Riddell Mox Box hardware repair kit, are available.
• 8 Revolution Youth Helmets
• 14 Riddell Attack Helmets
• 25 Warrior IIx Youth Shoulder Pads
• 5 Revolution Youth Helmets and 8 Warrior IIx Shoulder Pads
• 10 Riddell Attack Helmets and 10 Warrior IIx Shoulder Pads
Organizations must meet the following requirements to be eligible for the Carolina Panthers Riddell Equipment Grant.
• Only 501(c)(3), governmental non-profit agencies and/or NFL partners can apply.
• Staff and other involved parties may not earn revenue (i.e. salary, endorsements) as a result of operating the league.
• Must operate in North or South Carolina.
• Application must be submitted by board member if the applicant is a non-profit organization.
In order to apply, the Carolina Panthers Riddell Equipment Grant application must be completed in its entirety and include all specified information in the designated order. Incomplete applications will be returned and will not be eligible for consideration.
Applications must be postmarked by August 7, 2009 and returned to the Carolina Panthers, Attn: Equipment Grant Application, 800 South Mint Street, Charlotte, NC, 28202. Applications received by fax will not be accepted.
Applications will be reviewed from August 10-12. Organizations that receive grants will have their equipment delivered between August 19 and 28.
The Carolina Panthers are strong supporters of youth football in North and South Carolina and are committed to providing programs and resources which enable youth across the region opportunities to play and enjoy the sport of football at the grassroots level.
Riddell has been a leading innovator in high performance athletic equipment for 80 years. Riddell football helmets, shoulder pads, protective equipment and apparel can be seen on nearly every football field spanning all levels of play. Riddell's proud history has been built on their passionate quest for the next improvement in athlete protection and their drive to advance the state-of-the-art in athletic equipment.