- Can win the NFC South with a win in Atlanta combined with a Saints’ loss to the Buccaneers.
- Are 18-27 all-time against the Falcons, but the Panthers are 3-1 in season finales with Atlanta.
- Have rushed for a league-high 176.3 yards over their past seven games.
- Have allowed 11 sacks over their past eight games after giving up 22 sacks in their first seven games.
- Have allowed their past six opponents to score just seven touchdowns on 20 trips inside the red zone for a league-low 35-percent conversion rate.
- Have allowed 21 pass plays of 20-plus yards in their past five games. In their first 10 games, they allowed 25 such plays.
- Have allowed five different players to total at least 100 receiving yards in their past seven games. In their first eight games, the Panthers didn’t allow any receiver to hit the century mark.
- Have allowed opponents to go 35-of-78 (45 percent) on third down over their past six games. In their first nine games, Carolina held its opponents to 37-of-112 (33 percent) on third down.
- Have been called for a league-low 78 penalties.
- Are 10-0 when leading at the half and when leading after three quarters.
- Are 7-1 in games decided by seven points or fewer. Last season, they were 2-6 in such games.
- Are 64-46-1 with four postseason appearances in the Ron Rivera/Cam Newton era. In their 16 seasons before 2011, the Panthers were 119-137 with four postseason appearances.
- Can clinch a playoff spot with a win or a Seattle loss to Arizona.
|Total Yds/Game||17th (328.7)||9th (364.4)|
|Rush Yds/Game||4th (134.3)||10th (119.1)|
|Pass Yds/Game||27th (194.4)||9th (245.3)|
|3rd Down Efficiency||6th (42.5%)||1st (45.3%)|
|Points/Game||11th (23.5)||15th (22.0)|
|Total Yds/Game||7th (313.5)||10th (323.1)|
|Rush Yds/Game||6th (89.9)||8th (105.2)|
|Pass Yds/Game||16th (223.6)||12th (323.1)|
|3rd Down Efficiency||14th (37.9%)||17th (38.7%)|
|Points/Game||t11th (20.3)||t11th (20.3)|
- QB Cam Newton needs five rushing yards for his third 700-yard rushing season. That would tie him with Michael Vick as the only QBs with three career 700-yard seasons. Newton also needs 47 rushing yards to pass his single-season high of 741 in 2012.
- RB Jonathan Stewart needs 20 rushing yards for his eighth 700-yard rushing season. Only Frank Gore (10) and Matt Forte (nine) have more 700-yard seasons since 2008.
- WR Devin Funchess has 28 receptions with 435 receiving yards and four touchdowns in seven games since the Panthers traded WR Kelvin Benjamin. In 2016, Funchess totaled 23 receptions for 371 yards and four touchdowns.
- TE Greg Olsen needs one receiving touchdown to tie Wesley Walls (54) for 9th all-time among TEs.
- DE Julius Peppers has five sacks and a forced fumble in his past six road games.
- DE Mario Addison has a sack in five straight road games.
- K Graham Gano needs three touchbacks to break his franchise record for most touchbacks in a season (69, 2015).
- QB Matt Ryan has 1,399 passing yards with nine touchdowns, two interceptions and a 121.6 passer rating in his past four games against the Panthers.
- WR Julio Jones has 813 receiving yards and five touchdowns in his past five home games against the NFC South.
- LB Deion Jones is the only player in the NFL this season with 125-plus tackles (128) and three interceptions.