- Have won five of their past six meetings with the Saints.
- Are the first team since the 1981 Bills to allow three or fewer points in each of their first two games.
- Need to give up 21 or fewer points to set a franchise record for fewest points allowed through the first three games of a season.
- Have allowed just one trip inside the red zone, and that was after running back Christian McCaffrey fumbled inside Carolina territory in Week 1.
- Are 30-12 since 2013 when holding opponents below 100 rushing yards.
- Have put together two fourth-quarter drives of eight-plus minutes for the first time in franchise history.
- Lead the NFL with a 36:37 time of possession average.
- Have scored just one touchdown on six trips inside the red zone.
- Are ranked 28th with a 3.79-yard average on first down. The Saints' defense is ranked 28th after allowing a 6.63-yard average on first down through its first two games.
- Have started 3-0 just four times in franchise history (1996, 2002, 2003, 2015).
- Are the only team without a giveaway or takeaway through two games.
- Have allowed an NFL-high 46 points in the first half. The Panthers shut out both the 49ers and Bills in the first half.
- Have allowed an NFL-best 2.3 percent sacks per pass play.
NFL Rankings (through Week 2) Offense
Panthers Saints Total Yds/Game 25th (271.0) 3rd (386.5) Rush Yds/Game 18th (96.5) 28th (70.5) Pass Yds/Game 24th (174.5) 2nd (316.0) 3rd Down Efficiency t7th (48.3%) 23rd (34.8%) Points/Game t22nd (16.0) t16th (19.5) Defense
Panthers Saints Total Yds/Game 1st (196.5) 32nd (512.5) Rush Yds/Game 6th (60.0) 25th (124.0) Pass Yds/Game 2nd (136.5) 32nd (388.5) 3rd Down Efficiency t4th (25.0%) 32nd (57.5%) Points/Game 1st (3.0) 31st (32.5)
- QB Cam Newton has accounted for 17 touchdowns and two interceptions in his past five meetings with the Saints. With his next win, Newton will pass Jake Delhomme (53) for most by a starting QB in team history.
- RB Jonathan Stewart has five touchdowns in his past five meetings with the Saints. Stewart needs 104 rushing yards to pass DeAngelo Williams (6,846) for most in team history.
- DE Mario Addison has a sack in his past five home games.
- DE Julius Peppers needs 5.0 sacks to tie Chris Doleman (150.5) for most in NFL history.
- LB Luke Kuechly has 99 tackles in nine career meetings with the Saints.
- QB Drew Brees has nine touchdowns, three interceptions and 1,032 passing yards in his past three meetings with the Panthers.
- RB Mark Ingram has five touchdowns in six career meetings with the Panthers.
- TE Coby Fleener has scored a receiving touchdown in his past three meetings with the Panthers.