- The Panthers defense recorded six sacks on Deshaun Watson. After an eight-sack day last week, the Panthers have recorded 14 sacks in the last two games, one shy of the franchise record of the 15 sacks in Weeks 16 and 17 of the 2013 season.
- Carolina's 18.0 sacks were tied for first in the NFL with New England after the early afternoon games of Week 4.
- Carolina made two big takeaways on defense, one interception deep in their own territory to stop a potential score and a strip-sack in the final five minutes to help seal the win.
- Houston managed just 128 net passing yards after averaging 277.7 yards per game over the first three weeks. Carolina now has allowed just 156.8 passing yards per game, best in the NFL. It's Carolina's lowest net pass yards allowed through the first four games of a season in franchise history.
- After trailing in time of possession by seven minutes in the first half, Carolina flipped the script in the second half and time of possession ended nearly even.
- Six different receivers recorded receptions for Carolina. The same was true in the Panthers Week 3 win at Arizona.
- The overall turnover margin went in favor of Houston as the Texans recovered three fumbles compared to Carolina's two takeaways. It marked just the 10th win in 48 games since 2011 that the Panthers have lost the turnover margin and won the game.
- Carolina allowed 136 rushing yards while rushing for 94 yards. The Panthers have allowed at least 100 rushing yards in each of the first four games, and have been outrushed each week.
- However, after winning the net yards battle (297-264) in Week 4, Carolina has outgained the opponent in each of the last three weeks in total net yards.
- Christian McCaffrey recorded his third game this season with at least 175 scrimmage yards, finishing with 93 rushing yards and 10 receptions for 86 receiving yards and a rushing touchdown. It marked his second 10-reception game this season and sixth of his career. He joins Jim Brown as the only two players in NFL history to have at least 175 scrimmage yards and a touchdown in three of the first four games of a season.
- Mario Addison recorded two sacks and four tackles, just one week after having three sacks at Arizona. He currently ranks third in the NFL with 5.5 sacks, and now has 10 multi-sack games in his career.
- Shaq Thompson recorded a game-high 12 tackles, one sack and one pass deflection. He came just one tackle short of his single-game career high and has recorded sacks in back-to-back contests.
- Eric Reid made a big impact with six tackles, a pass deflection and a fumble recovery, while Ross Cockrell had three tackles, one interception and two pass deflections. It marked the first INT of his Panthers tenure and sixth of his career.
- Joey Slye hit all three of his field goal attempts, including a 55-yarder. He now has four field goals from 50 yards or more on the season, leading the NFL.
- Deshaun Watson recorded 160 passing yards on 21-of-33 passing with no touchdowns for a passer rating of 75.3. It marked his fifth-fewest passing yards in a game, and lowest yards per attempt (4.84) since his NFL debut in 2017.
View photos from Carolina's game at Houston in Week 4.