CHARLOTTE – The Panthers (0-2, 0-2 NFC South) will travel across the country for their third game with Seattle.
Carolina plays the Seahawks (1-1, 0-1 NFC West) at 4:05 p.m. ET on Sunday at Lumen Field.
Scroll below for more information on the Week 3 matchup, series history, and stats comparison.
History: Panthers vs. Seahawks
- Carolina and Seattle have played 15 times. The Seahawks lead the series 10-5. | Series history
- The Panthers won their last matchup with the Seahawks, 30-24, at Lumen Field.
- The Seahawks lead the series 3-2 when played in the regular season at Seattle.
|Total Yards Per Game||260.0 (28th)||286.5 (25th)|
|Rushing Yards Per Game||127.0 (9th)||83.5 (26th)|
|Rushing Yards Per Attempt||4.9 (4th)||3.9 (20th)|
|Passing Net Yards Per Game||133.0 (32nd)||203.0 (17th)|
|Sacks Allowed||6 (t-17th)||3 (t-8th)|
|Third Down Efficiency||32.1 (25th)||35.0 (20th)|
|Points Per Game||13.5 (t-30th)||25.0 (13th)|
|Total Yards Allowed Per Game||281.0 (8th)||422.0 (31st)|
|Rushing Yards Per Game||132.0 (25th)||97.0 (13th)|
|Rushing Yards Per Attempt||4.5 (21st)||2.9 (3rd)|
|Passing Net Yards Per Game||149.0 (4th)||325.0 (30th)|
|Sacks||8 (t-3rd)||2 (29th)|
|Takeaways||1 (t-24th)||3 (t-2nd)|
|Third Down Efficiency||34.6 (10th)||60.7 (32nd)|
|Points Allowed Per Game||22.0 (13th)||30.5 (29th)|
Statistical milestones to watch in 2023
- Outside linebacker Brian Burns (39.5) needs 2.5 sacks to pass Kevin Greene (41.5) for fifth all-time in Panther history.
- Burns (44) needs one tackle for loss to pass Greg Hardy (44) for seventh all-time in Panther history.
- Outside linebacker Justin Houston (112.0) needs two sacks to pass Sean Jones (113.0) for 25th all-time in league history.
- Houston (132) needs one tackle for loss to pass Michael Bennett (132) for eighth all-time in league history.
- Cornerback Donte Jackson (14) needs four interceptions to pass Mike Minter (17) for fourth all-time in Panther history.
- Wide receiver Adam Thielen (543) needs 57 receptions to become the fifth undrafted player in the common-draft era with at least 600 career receptions.
- Since 2000, running back Miles Sanders is one of 14 players with 750-plus rushing yards in each of their first four seasons. Only eight players since 2000 have reached 750-plus rushing yards in each of their first five seasons.
- Kicker Eddy Piñeiro (37) needs 18 field goals to pass Joey Slye (54) for third all-time in Panther history.
- Punter Johnny Hekker (332) needs 11 punts downed inside the 20-yard line to pass Brad Maynard (342) for eighth all-time in league history.
- Carolina heads to the west coast in Week 3 to take on the Seattle Seahawks, serving as the Panthers' lone trip out west in 2023. Carolina travels the fourth-fewest miles (12,357) league-wide during the 2023 campaign.
- Including three playoff bouts, this will mark the 16th matchup between the Panthers and Seahawks. The Seahawks hold an 8-4 all-time record in the regular season against Carolina. The Panthers look to even the series record in games played at Seattle at 3-3. Seattle leads 2-1 in postseason matchups.
- The Panthers enter the contest with an 0-2 record after falling to the New Orleans Saints on Monday night, 20-17.
- Seattle enters Week 3 with a 1-1 record after defeating the Detroit Lions, 37-31, on the road in Week 2.
Carolina has played Seattle nine times since 2013. The Seahawks lead the all-time series 10-4.