History: Panthers vs. Falcons
- Carolina is 19-33 all-time against the Falcons, posting a 7-19 record on the road all-time.
- Current Streak: Panthers L1
- Last matchup: Atlanta won 25-17 on Thursday Night Football on 10/29/21
- Running back Mike Davis played for Carolina in 2019-20
- Defensive back T.J. Green was on Carolina's roster in 2019
|Total Yards/Game||328.0 (25th)||354.2 (17th)|
|Rushing Yards/Game||101.9 (20th)||87.8 (27th)|
|Net Passing Yards/Game||226.1 (26th)||266.3 (10th)|
|Sacks Allowed||24 (31st)||9 (t-3rd)|
|Third Down Efficiency||31.6 (28th)||45.9 (6th)|
|Points/Game||20.9 (t-22nd)||22.5 (t-19th)|
|Total Yards/Game||307.4 (3rd)||362.7 (18th)|
|Rushing Yards/Game||110.3 (13th)||112.2 (16th)|
|Passing Yards/Game||197.1 (2nd)||250.5 (19th)|
|Sacks||18 (t-7th)||10 (30th)|
|Third Down Efficiency||32.2 (3rd)||47.8 (29th)|
|Takeaways||6 (t-24th)||5 (t-27th)|
|Points Allowed/Game||20.9 (t-7th)||29.3 (30th)|
Stat Nuggets To Know
- Carolina has 39 tackles for loss, tied for second-most in the NFL. It also ties for second-most in franchise history through seven games since the stat was first recorded in 2000.
- After starting the season as one of the top rush defenses in the league, Carolina has struggled since Week 4. They have allowed 637 rush yards, including 5.2 yards per rush, ranking 31st in the league.
- The team's pass defense has still been stingy in first halves of games. They've allowed just 5.59 yards per pass attempt, third-best in the NFL, in first halves since Week 4. In second halves, that number is 8.63 yards per pass attempt, ranking 26th.
- Last week, Carolina only converted two third downs and now have a third-down conversion percentage of 31.6, 28th in the league.
- In the last four games, Carolina's average drive start of their own 27 is 7.2 yards less than opponents, ranking 30th in the NFL. That's been impacted by a net punting average of 33.58, last in the NFL.
- WR DJ Moore ranks fourth in the NFL with 46 receptions and is sixth with 586 receiving yards. Since the start of 2019, Moore's 2,954 receiving yards are fifth-best in the NFL.
- DE Haason Reddick has nine tackles for loss, tied for the most in the NFL. Teammate Brian Burns now has eight tackles for loss, making the duo's 17 TFLs the most by any teammates in the NFL.
- Over the last two seasons, Jeremy Chinn has 154 tackles, the most among all first or second-year players in that stretch.
- CB Keith Taylor Jr. has 17 tackles in the last three games, tied for sixth-most among rookies in that stretch.
Milestones in Reach
- Needs 161 receiving yards to pass Wesley Walls (3,902) for fourth place in Panthers history.
- Needs one game with at least 1.5 sacks to tie the franchise record of five games with multiple sacks in a single season (Kevin Greene, 1999; Charles Johnson 2012)
- Needs 0.5 sacks to pass Kris Jenkins (20.5) for seventh among defensive linemen in Panthers history
- Needs three interceptions to tie Richard Marshall/Doug Evans (14) for fifth all-time in franchise history
- Needs four tackles to pass Will Witherspoon (157) for the most tackles in the first two seasons by a non-middle linebacker.
Carolina is 19-33 all-time against Atlanta.