Newton has the most rushing touchdowns (58) of any quarterback in NFL history.
• 58 rushing touchdowns are the most by a quarterback since the 1970 NFL-AFL merger.
• Only active player to lead an NFL franchise in both career touchdown passes (182) and rushing touchdowns (58).
• Ranks third all-time in rushing yards by a quarterback in NFL history with 4,808 yards, trailing only Michael Vick (6,109) and Randall Cunningham (4,928)...Only quarterback in NFL history to rank in the top three in a franchise in rushing yards.
• 58 rushing touchdowns are tied for second-most by any player in the NFL since he entered the League in 2011.
• Ranked third for total touchdowns (240) and total yards (33,277) for any quarterback through their first eight seasons.
• In 2018, passed Michael Vick for NFL record for most career rushing first downs (359) by a quarterback...Leads NFL in rushing first down percentage (38.6) since 2011.
• Only player in NFL history to have at least six seasons with 3,000 or more passing yards and 500 or more rushing yards at any point in a career.
• One of two players in NFL history, along with Peyton Manning (Indianapolis Colts, 1998-2004) to have at least 3,000 passing yards in each of the first eight seasons.
• In 2015, became the first player in NFL history with at least 30 passing touchdowns (35) and 10 rushing touchdowns (10) in a single season.
• One of two quarterbacks (Michael Vick) in NFL history with three 700-yard rushing seasons in a career.
• Established a single-season NFL record for rushing touchdowns by a quarterback with 14 in 2011.
• Holds NFL record for most career games with at least one passing touchdown and one rushing touchdown with 39 games.
• Posted three regular season games and one postseason game with at least two rushing touchdowns and two passing touchdowns...His three regular season games rank second in NFL history.
• 35 combined touchdowns (21 passing, 14 rushing) in 2011 were the most by a rookie quarterback in NFL history.
• In 2011, became the first player in NFL history to pass for 4,000 yards and rush for at least 500 yards in a single season.
• Became the first player in NFL history with 300 or more passing yards, five or more passing touchdowns and 100 or more rushing yards in a single game at New York Giants (12/20/15).
• Panthers' all-time leader in passing yards (28,469), passing touchdowns (182), pass attempts (3,891), pass completions (2,321), 300-yard passing games (19) and wins by a quarterback (68).
• 58 rushing touchdowns are the most in franchise history.
• Became first player in Panthers history to be selected as AP NFL Most Valuable Player in 2015.
• Set single-season franchise record with 67.9 completion percentage in 2018 season.
• Holds franchise single-game records for passing yards with 432 (vs. Green Bay, 9/18/11)...passer rating with 153.3 (vs. Atlanta, 12/13/15)...longest completion with a 91-yard touchdown to wide receiver Brandon LaFell (vs. Tampa Bay, 12/24/11).
• 181 consecutive passes without an interception are the most in team history, breaking the previous record of 176 attempts, also set by Newton...Streak began in first quarter at New Orleans (12/6/15) and ended in the fourth quarter at Denver (9/8/16).
• Set franchise record with 11 consecutive games with at least two touchdown passes in Weeks 2-13 of 2018 season.
• Set franchise record with six consecutive games with a passer rating over 100 in Weeks 7-12 of 2018 season.
• Set franchise record with 16 straight completions spanning two games against Detroit (Week 11) and Seattle (Week 12) of 2018 season.
• Set a team record with a 7.98-yard average passing gain in 2012, surpassing the previous mark of 7.94 yards by Jake Delhomme in 2008.
• Set the team record for the lowest interception percentage of 2.02 percent in 2015.
• Holds every franchise single-game, season and career rushing record for a quarterback, including yards, rushing average, touchdowns and longest rush.
• Tied for second in franchise with 58 total touchdowns...Ranks third in franchise history with 4,808 rushing yards.
• Second in franchise history with 17 game-winning drives, trailing Jake Delhomme (21).
POSTSEASON FRANCHISE RANKINGS
• Set the franchise postseason record for most passing yards in a single-game with 349 yards at New Orleans (1/7/18)...Completed 24 passes in that same game, tying Jake Delhomme (at Chicago, 1/15/06) for the most completions in a single game.
• Holds Panthers' record for most completions in postseason history with 134.
• AP NFL MVP (2015)
• AP Offensive Player of the Year (2015)
• AP First-Team All-Pro (2015)
• 3x Pro Bowl (2015, 2013, 2011)
• AP Offensive Rookie of the Year (2011)
• 7x NFC Offensive Player of the Week (2017: 10; 2015: 9, 11, 13, 15, 17; 2011: 13)
• NFC Offensive Rookie of the Month (2011 September)
• PFWA MVP (2015)
• PFWA Offensive Player of the Year (2015)
• PFWA All-NFL (2015) • PFWA All-NFC (2015)
• Sporting News Offensive Player of the Year (2015)
• Sporting News All-Pro (2015)
• Sports Illustrated MVP (2015)
• Maxwell Club – Player of the Year (2015)
• Pepsi NFL Rookie of the Year (2011)
• NFL 101 NFC Offensive Player of the Year (2011)
• Pro Football Weekly/PFWA All-Rookie (2011)
• Pro Football Weekly/PFWA Rookie of the Year (2011)
• Sporting News Rookie of the Year (2011)
• Sports Illustrated Offensive Rookie of the Year (2011)
• Started 14 games in 2018 before missing final two games with shoulder injury...threw for 3,395 yards and 24 passing touchdowns for a franchise-record 67.9 completion percentage and a 94.2 passer rating, the second-highest of his career.
• At Atlanta (9/16/18), completed a career-high 32 passes on 45 attempts, tallying 335 passing yards, three touchdowns and one interception.
• Threw three fourth-quarter touchdowns to cap a franchise-best fourth quarter comeback at Philadelphia (10/21), overcoming 17-0 deficit to win 21-17...Marked 17th career game-winning drive.
• Posted a 110.6 passer rating vs. Seattle (11/25) marking his sixth-straight game with a passer rating over 100, a new franchise record...Went 14-14 in passing in the first half, marking the most completions without an incompletion in a first half in franchise history...Set franchise record with 16 straight completions dating back to Detroit game.
• Started every game for Carolina in 2017, finishing with 3,302 passing yards, 22 touchdowns and 16 interceptions, while completing 291-of-492 passes for a 80.7 passer rating...Led the Panthers in rushing yards with a career-high 754 yards on ground, including six touchdowns.
• Scored once on the ground at New England (10/1/17), becoming the first quarterback in NFL history to reach 50 rushing touchdowns...First career game with 300 or more passing yards while completing at least 75 percent of his passes.
• Earned NFC Offensive Player of the Week honors after completing 21-of-35 passes for 254 yards and four touchdowns...Led a Carolina offense that set a franchise record of 548 total net yards against Miami (11/13/17)...Surpassed the 4,000-yard rushing milestone after running for 95 yards and one touchdown vs. Miami (11/13/17) and became the only player to have at least five rushing touchdowns in every season since 2011.
• Became first quarterback in NFL history with two 60+ yard runs in the same season in Week 14 vs. Minnesota (12/10/17).
• Played in 15 games for Carolina in 2016, starting 14 of the contests and missing one due to a concussion...Compiled 3,509 passing yards, 19 touchdowns and 14 interceptions while completing 270-of-510 passes for a 75.8 passer rating...Rushed for 359 yards and five touchdowns.
• Scored his 44th career rushing touchdown at Denver (9/8/16), breaking tie with Steve Young (43 from 1985-99) for most rushing touchdowns in NFL history by a quarterback.
• Directed a Carolina offense that produced 529 total net yards vs. San Francisco (9/18/16)...Carolina scored 46 points, the third-highest total in club history...Finished with a season-high 111.8 passer rating...Part of a trio that gave Carolina its first game in history with a 100-yard rusher (Whittaker – 100), two 100-yard receivers (Olsen – 122, Benjamin 108) and a 300-yard passer (Newton – 353).
• Surpassed Jake Delhomme for the most passing yards in team history after throwing for 322 yards vs. New Orleans (10/10/16).
• Surpassed the 20,000-yard passing milestone after throwing for 261 passing yards vs. Kansas City (11/13/16)...Fifth youngest quarterback to reach 20,000 passing yards (27 years, 186 days).
• Scored three total touchdowns (two passing, one rushing) at Oakland (11/27/16), marking 35th career game with at least one rushing touchdown and one passing touchdown, the most in NFL history.
• Named AP NFL Most Valuable Player and AP NFL Offensive Player of the Year in 2015 after he completed 296-of-495 passes for 3,837 yards and a career-high 35 touchdowns with 10 interceptions to produce a career-high 99.4 quarterback rating...Became first player in NFL history with at least 30 passing touchdowns and 10 rushing touchdowns in a single season...Became first player in NFL history to produce five seasons with at least 3,000 passing yards and 500 rushing yards...Helped Carolina set team records with an NFL-leading 500 points and 59 touchdowns and gain a team-record 357 first downs.
• Named NFC Offensive Player of the Week five times in 2015 season...Tied with Tom Brady in 2007 for most in a season in NFL history...First player to win five Player of the Week Awards in a nine-week span within a season.
• Became the first player in NFL history with at least 300 passing yards, five passing touchdowns and 100 rushing yards in a single game vs. New York Giants (12/20/15).
• Tied Panthers single-game record with five touchdown passes vs. Washington (11/22/15)...Equaled record at New Orleans (12/16/15) and at New York Giants (12/20/15).
• Became the fourth quarterback in NFL history to have multiple rushing and passing touchdowns in the same postseason game in NFC Championship vs. Arizona (1/24/15)...Efforts helped Carolina score 49 points, the second most points in a conference championship since the AFL-NFL merger in 1970...Directed offense that gained 476 total net yards, the second-most in a postseason game in team history.
• Started 14 games in 2014, missing two to injury...Completed 262-of-448 passes for 3,127 yards and 18 touchdowns with 12 interceptions to produce an 82.1 quarterback rating.
• Earned NFC Offensive Player of the Week at New Orleans (12/7/14)...Accumulated 309 total net yards (226 passing, 83 rushing) and four touchdowns (three passing, one rushing) in Panthers' 41-10 win.
• Earned second career Pro Bowl selection in 2013...Started 16 regular season games for Carolina and first career postseason game...Completed 292-of-473 passes for 3,379 yards and 24 touchdowns with 13 interceptions...Produced career high 61.73 completion percentage.
• Started all 16 games for Carolina in 2012...Completed 280-of-485 passes for 3,869 yards and 19 touchdowns with 12 interceptions to register a 86.2 quarterback rating...Steered offense that accumulated 5,771 total net yards and 328 first downs.
• Set a then-NFL record for the most passing yards in a player's first two seasons with 7,920, surpassing the previous mark of 7,874 by Peyton Manning from 1998-99...Accomplished record with 106 fewer pass attempts than Manning (1,002 compared to 1,108).
• Led the Panthers in rushing in 2012 with 741 yards and eight touchdowns...Became the first quarterback to lead a team in rushing since Donovan McNabb of the Philadelphia Eagles in 2000.
• Became the first player in NFL history with at least 250 passing yards, 100 rushing yards, a touchdown pass and a touchdown run in a game at Atlanta (12/19/12)...Rushed for a career-high 116 yards and one touchdown, the first time in team history that a quarterback posted 100 yards rushing in a game...Scored on a career-long 72-yard dash.
• Named Associated Press Offensive Rookie of the Year in 2011 after starting all 16 games for Carolina and completing 310-of-517 passes for 4,051 yards and 21 touchdowns...Rushed for 706 yards and a team-leading 14 touchdowns on 126 carries...Guided an offense that set a then-franchise record of 6,237 net yards.
• Set a then-NFL rookie record for passing yards with 4,051 in 2011, eclipsing the previous mark of 3,739 by Peyton Manning in 1998.
• In his first two career games, threw for 422 yards at Arizona (9/11/11) and 432 yards vs. Green Bay (9/18/11)...Became the first player in NFL history with back-to-back 400-yard passing games to begin a career and one of seven quarterbacks in NFL history to have consecutive 400-yard passing games.
• Became the first rookie in NFL history to throw for more than 400 yards in first career start with 422 yards and two touchdowns at Arizona (9/11/11).
• Named NFL Offensive Rookie of the Month for September 2011 after passing for 1,012 yards – the most ever by a player in his first three games.
• Threw first career touchdown pass at Arizona (9/11/11), connecting with wide receiver Steve Smith on a 77-yard throw and catch.
TRANSACTIONS: Selected by Carolina in the first round (1st overall) of the 2011 NFL Draft (4/28/11)...Signed to contract extension by Carolina (6/3/15).
Finished career at Auburn after playing one season at Blinn (Texas) Junior College and spending two years at Florida...Entered NFL following junior season...Directed two different schools to national championships, helping Auburn capture the 2010 BCS National Championship and Blinn Junior College claim the 2009 NJCAA National Championship...As a junior in 2010, won the Heisman Trophy and Davey O'Brien Award (given to the nation's top quarterback) and was named Associated Press first-team All-American and SEC Offensive Player of the Year...Passed for school record 30 touchdowns with seven interceptions...Led the Tigers with 1,473 yards rushing and a school-record 20 touchdowns on 264 carries...Became the third player in NCAA FBS history to total 20 passing and 20 rushing touchdowns in a season and first player in SEC history to accumulate 2,000 yards passing and 1,000 yards rushing in a season...Set an SEC record with 4,327 yards of total offense...Named SEC Championship Game Offensive MVP, throwing for a career-high 335 yards and accounting for six touchdowns (four passing and two rushing) against South Carolina....As a sophomore in 2009, transferred to Blinn (Texas) Junior College from Florida...NJCAA honorable mention All-American...Redshirted by Florida in 2008 after seeing action in the season opener...Played in five games for Florida as a freshman in 2007.
Attended Westlake HS in Atlanta, Ga...Majored in sociology at Auburn.