A former college basketball player, Manhertz is entering his fourth NFL season.
• Saw action in 16 games, starting four for Carolina in 2018…tallied two receptions for 52 yards, and one touchdown...His blocking efforts helped the Panthers rank fourth in the NFL with 133.5 rushing yards per game.
• Recorded first NFL touchdown on a career-long 50-yard reception from Christian McCaffrey (12/17/18).
• Saw action in all 16 games in 2017 with four starts before landing on injured reserve prior to the playoffs.
• Made two receptions for 17 yards, including a career-long 11-yard grab at Chicago (10/22/17).
• Played in four games for Carolina and an additional three games with two starts for New Orleans in 2016.
• Recorded first career catch for a 10-yard gain vs. Atlanta (12/24/16).
• Started at tight end for New Orleans in NFL debut at New York Giants (9/18/16).
TRANSACTIONS: Signed as a free agent by Buffalo (12/30/14)...Waived by Buffalo (8/19/15)...Signed as a free agent by New Orleans (8/24/15)...Waived by New Orleans (9/5/15)...Signed to practice squad by New Orleans (9/7/15)...Signed as a free agent by New Orleans (1/5/16)...Waived by New Orleans (10/15/16)...Claimed off waivers by Carolina (10/17/16)...Placed on injured reserve with an ankle injury (1/2/18)...Placed on physically unable to perform list (7/25/18)...Passed physical, cleared to active roster (8/31/18)...Signed two-year contract with Carolina (1/29/19).
COLLEGE: Played basketball at Canisius...Appeared in 116 games with 94 starts...Averaged 6.5 points and 6.8 rebounds per game...Finished career ranked fourth in school history with 789 rebounds...Led the Golden Griffins in rebounding three consecutive seasons as sophomore (2011-12), junior (2012-13) and senior (2013-14).
Attended Cardinal Spellman HS in the Bronx, N.Y....Majored in health and wellness at Canisius.