Christian McCaffrey motivated to come back even stronger in 2021
McCaffrey said he's looking to former NFL players who missed seasons with injury but bounced back for long careers as his inspiration this offseason.
Christian McCaffrey talks about how he's feeling after bye week
McCaffrey talked about potentially getting back on the field this week and what it would be like to play his father's former team, the Denver Broncos.
Christian McCaffrey's best plays from 151-yard game at Kansas City
Watch the best plays from Christian McCaffrey who posted his 10th career game with 10 receptions and had 151 scrimmage yards and two touchdowns.
HIGHLIGHT: Christian McCaffrey dives to make fingertip grab
McCaffrey set up a Panthers touchdown with a diving catch in the fourth quarter.
HIGHLIGHT: Christian McCaffrey catches TD on first drive
On his first game back from injury, McCaffrey caught a swing pass on fourth down to score a 9-yard TD on Carolina's opening drive.
GMFB: Players who will steal the show in the second half of the season
Nate Burleson explains why he thinks Christian McCaffrey will steal the show in the second half of the season.
NFL Throwback: Top 10 London touchdowns
See where Christian McCaffrey's TD catch against the Buccaneers from a year ago ranks in the all-time top London touchdowns.
Christian McCaffrey, Teddy Bridgewater and David Tepper surprise elementary school classes
McCaffrey, Bridgewater and Tepper made surprise appearances in local virtual classes and invited the students and teachers to upcoming Panthers games.
Christian McCaffrey ready to attack rehab and return ASAP
McCaffrey was upbeat and motivated in his remarks to the media on Monday after news of his ankle injury was released.
HIGHLIGHT: Christian McCaffrey rushes for 6-yard touchdown
Christian McCaffrey ran in for a 6-yard touchdown in the first quarter.
Christian McCaffrey says team will be ready to roll in September
McCaffrey addressed the media on Friday about the team's mindset with no preseason games.
Christian McCaffrey talks to Steve Smith Sr. about his process for 2020
Christian McCaffrey joins 'Inside Training Camp' with Steve Smith Sr. to discuss training camp, his outlook for 2020 and what he got for his Dad's birthday on Monday.
Game Theory: Projected 2020 stat leaders
NFL Network's Cynthia Frelund projects players who will rank first in numerous statistical categories this season.
Christian McCaffrey a top-five MVP candidate for 2020
Hear why Christian McCaffrey is one of Nate Burleson's top five MVP candidates for 2020 on NFL Network.
Christian McCaffrey: This team is hungry
Running back Christian McCaffrey talked to the media about his offseason and the hungry mindset of the entire roster.
Best plays from Top 100 Players of 2020 | Top 10
Watch the best plays from the top 10 of the Top 100 Players of 2020.
Christian McCaffrey is back in the building
Watch Christian McCaffrey enter Bank of America Stadium and the Panthers locker room as the team begins training camp.
Kay Adams: CMC will rack up the most fantasy points in 2020
NFL Network's Kay Adams explains why she thinks Christian McCaffrey will rack up the most fantasy points in 2020.
Top 100 Players of 2020: Christian McCaffrey is No. 6
Carolina Panthers running back Christian McCaffrey has been ranked the No. 6 player on 'The Top 100 Players of 2020.'
Nick Shook explains new expected rushing yards statistic
Around The NFL writer Nick Shook explains how Christian McCaffrey not only totaled a lot of rushing yards in 2019, but also exceeded his rushing yards over expectation.
Christian McCaffrey is back in the Madden 99 Club
Christian McCaffrey shows off his Madden 99 swag and talks to former teammate and EA employee Barry J. Sanders about being a two-time member of the 99 Club.
NFL Network assesses expectations for Teddy Bridgewater, Christian McCaffrey in 2020
NFL Network's Shaun O'Hara, Brian Baldinger and Stacey Dales share their expectations for Teddy Bridgewater and Christian McCaffrey in 2020.
NFL Network: How far can McCaffrey take Carolina in 2020?
The Good Morning Football crew predicts how much the Panthers will rely on Christian McCaffrey in 2020.
Christian McCaffrey to be featured on NFL Network
Christian McCaffrey dedicates highlights to his dad Ed for Father's Day as he will take over NFL Network's Player's Choice on Tuesday at 4 p.m. ET.
- 116 receptions, most by a running back in NFL history (2019)
- First player in NFL history with 50 rushing and 50 receiving yards in five consecutive games (Weeks 9-13, 2018)
- Third player in NFL history to record 1,000 rushing yards and 1,000 receiving yards in the same season (2019)
- Second player in NFL history with 50 yards rushing, receiving and passing in same game (vs. New Orleans 12/17/18)
- Third player in NFL history with over 1,000 rushing yards and 100 receptions in single season (2018)
- Third player in NFL history with at least 1,500 career rushing and 1,500 career receiving yards in his first two seasons (2017-18)
- First rookie running back in NFL history with at least 70 receptions and five receiving touchdowns (2017)
- Holds franchise record for most scrimmage yards by any player in first three seasons as a Panther (5,443)
- Has most career receiving yards (2,523), receptions (303), receiving touchdowns (15), and receiving first downs (135) by a running back in franchise history
- 2,392 scrimmage yards (2019), most by any player in one season
- 116 receptions (2019), most by any player
- 1,005 receiving yards (2019), most by a running back
- 6 receiving touchdowns (2018), most by a running back
- 41 receiving first downs (2018), most by a running back
- Holds rookie single-season records from 2017 for most receptions (80), scrimmage yards (1,086), yards after catch (593) and first downs (57) by any player
- 15 receptions at Indianapolis (12/22/19), most by any player in a game in franchise history
- 121 receiving yards vs. Atlanta (11/17/19), the most by a running back in a game
- 237 scrimmage yards vs. Jacksonville (10/6/19), the most by any player in a game
- First player in franchise history with 100 rushing and 100 receiving yards in same game in franchise history (vs. Seattle, 11/25/18)
- First non-quarterback with a touchdown pass in franchise history (vs. New Orleans 12/17/18)
- His 10 receptions against Philadelphia (10/12/17) were most by a rookie in single game in franchise history
- Holds the record for the longest rush in franchise history (84-yard touchdown, 10/6/19 vs. Jacksonville)
- Most scrimmage yards (117), receiving yards (101) and longest reception (56) by a rookie in a playoff game (at New Orleans, 1/7/18)
A first-round pick in 2017, McCaffrey has already set a number of franchise records as he signs a contract extension through 2025 with the Panthers.
- Pro Bowl (2019)
- AP All-Pro First Team (2019) [two positions: running back and flex]
- NFL Fantasy Player of the Year (2019)
- AP All-Pro Second Team (2018)
- PFWA All-Pro First Team (2019)
- PFWA All-NFC (2019, 2018)
- Sporting News All-Pro First Team (2019)
- Pro Football Weekly All-Rookie Team (2017)
- Led NFL with 2,392 scrimmage yards in 2019, third-most in one season in NFL history...Finished third in league with 1,387 rushing yards and led all running backs with 1,005 receiving yards...Tied for first in the NFL with 19 total touchdowns.
- Set NFL record with 116 receptions, most by a running back in league history in 2019 as he became third player in NFL history with over 1,000+ rushing yards and 1,000+ receiving yards.
- In 2018, started all 16 games and totaled 1098 rushing yards, 867 receiving yards, seven rushing touchdowns, six receiving touchdowns and one passing touchdown...Became fifth different player with a 1,000-yard rushing season in franchise history.
- Against Cincinnati (9/23/18), rushed for 184 yards on 28 attempts, both career highs...His 184 rushing yards rank fourth all-time in franchise history for a single game.
- Eclipsed 1,000 career rushing yards after rushing 14 times for 77 yards and one touchdown at Pittsburgh (11/8/18)...Becoming one of seven players in NFL history with over 1,000 yards rushing and 1,000 yards receiving in his first 25 career games.
- Against Seattle (11/25), finished with 237 scrimmage yards (125 rush, 112 receiving), besting the previous franchise record for scrimmage yards held by Jonathan Stewart (222)...Became the first Panthers player to ever tally over 100 yards rushing and 100 yards receiving in a game.
- Versus New Orleans (12/17/18), he broke the franchise record for most scrimmage yards in a single season, previously held by DeAngelo Williams (1,636, 2008)...Became the first player with 50 yards rushing, receiving and passing in a game since Walter Payton (12/22/85)...Became the first non-QB to throw a touchdown pass in franchise history.
- In 2017, he totaled 651 receiving yards and 432 rushing yards in 16 games played with 10 starts...Added 162 yards on 22 punt returns and 58 yards on three kickoff returns...Tallied five receiving touchdowns and two rushing touchdowns.
- His 1,086 scrimmage yards were the most by a rookie in franchise history and ranked fourth among NFL rookies in 2017.
- Recorded 101 receiving yards and 16 rushing yards with a 56-yard touchdown reception in playoff game in New Orleans (1/8/18), marking the most receiving yards by a running back in the playoffs in franchise history.
TRANSACTIONS: Drafted by Carolina in the first round (8th overall) of the 2017 NFL Draft...Signed contract extension through 2025 (4/16/20).
GP/GS: Career (48/42) [1/1]; 2019 (16/16); 2018 (16/16); 2017 (16/10) [1/1]
Played in 38 games with 25 starts at Stanford...Entered NFL following junior season...Totaled 6,987 all-purpose yards finishing second in school history, and finished seventh in school history with 33 total touchdowns...Rushed for 3,922 yards, finishing third in school history, with 21 touchdowns on 632 attempts...Finished career second in school history with an average of 6.2 yards per carry and third with 19 100-yard rushing games...Posted 99 catches for 1,206 yards and 10 touchdowns...Averaged 26.4 yards on 56 kickoff returns for 1,479 yards and one touchdown...Generated an 11.2-yard punt return average on 34 returns for 380 yards and one touchdown...Heisman Finalist and AP Player of the Year after sophomore season...Two-time All-American...Two-time All-Pac-12 honoree...Led nation with 211.5 all-purpose yards per game in junior season...Set NCAA record with 3,864 all-purpose yards in sophomore campaign...Set then-school records for single-season rushing yards (2,019) single-game rushing yards (284) and consecutive 100-yard rushing games (9)...Became the first player in Rose Bowl history to have 100 rushing and 100 receiving yards while setting a Rose Bowl record with 368 all-purpose yards
Attended Valor Christian HS in Highlands Ranch, Colo....Majored in communication at Stanford...Father, Ed, played wide receiver for the New York Giants from 1991-94, San Francisco 49ers in 1994 and Denver Broncos from 1994-2003.
Week 16 Wednesday Injury Report: Christian McCaffrey "doubtful" to play at Washington
McCaffrey will likely miss his sixth straight game and 12th overall this season.
Week 14 Final Injury Report: Christian McCaffrey listed as doubtful for game against Broncos
McCaffrey missed Thursday and Friday practices with a thigh injury.
He. Could. Go. All. The. Way.
How a 7-year-old Christian McCaffrey put a mascot on skates, found his first NFL end zone, stepped out of character, and changed the course of history.
Week 14 Thursday Injury Report: Christian McCaffrey misses practice
Wednesday's thigh tweak appears to be something a little more serious.
Week 14 Wednesday Injury Report: Christian McCaffrey limited by quad injury
McCaffrey's status for Sunday's game against the Broncos is up in the air.
Christian McCaffrey: "I feel really great"
The running back is set to face the Broncos after his latest setback.
Christian McCaffrey launches new foundation
The Christian McCaffrey Foundation will respond to the pressing needs and challenges of military families.
Christian McCaffrey ruled out of Panthers' trip to Minnesota
The running back will miss his third straight game with a shoulder injury.
Week 12 Final Injury Report: Christian McCaffrey listed as questionable
The running back is still expected to miss his second straight game with a shoulder injury.
Christian McCaffrey not expected to play against Lions
McCaffrey looks likely to miss his second straight game with a shoulder injury.
Christian McCaffrey "probably won't play" vs. Buccaneers in Week 10
McCaffrey suffered a shoulder injury late in last week's loss at Kansas City.
Panthers activate Christian McCaffrey, Yetur Gross-Matos
McCaffrey is expected to play against the Chiefs.
Barring setback, Christian McCaffrey on track to face Chiefs
Matt Rhule said McCaffrey recovered well from Wednesday's padded practice.
Christian McCaffrey set to continue practicing, nearing return
Matt Rhule is 'real hopeful' McCaffrey will play this weekend against the Chiefs.
Matt Rhule hopeful Christian McCaffrey returns against Chiefs
McCaffrey was designated to return this week but didn't face the Falcons.
Christian McCaffrey designated for return
The Panthers running back can now practice for the first time since Week 2.
Christian McCaffrey present at Monday's practice
But the running back has not yet been designated to return from IR.
Christian McCaffrey undergoing tests to evaluate ankle this week
Though eligible to come off IR this week, the Panthers don't have to activate their star running back.
Christian McCaffrey placed on reserve/injured list
McCaffrey will miss at least three games after suffering a high ankle sprain at Tampa Bay.
The Day After: Christian McCaffrey challenging himself to return quickly
The All-Pro wants to return from his high ankle sprain before the four to six week diagnosis.
Christian McCaffrey to miss multiple weeks with high ankle sprain
McCaffrey left Sunday's loss at Tampa Bay in the fourth quarter and did not return.
Christian McCaffrey sidelined by ankle injury
The extent of the injury was unclear as of Sunday night.
How the Panthers will approach Christian McCaffrey's touches in 2020
McCaffrey led the league with 403 touches in his historic 2019 season.
Christian McCaffrey excited about 'fun, fast and physical' offense
The fourth-year running back raved about the Panthers' 2020 offensive scheme on Thursday.