View photos from the second week of Carolina's organized team activities.
- Temps were only in the mid-70s, but a cloudless sky and summer-like humidity made Thursday the warmest of this spring's OTAs. Still, quarterback Cam Newton ran through conditioning and footwork drills in a hooded sweatshirt and sweatpants.
- The entire linebacking group spent a few minutes pre-practice on the JUGS machine. Well, not everyone. Thomas Davis rode past his peers on a golf cart that included cornerback Captain Munnerlyn and defensive end Mario Addison. When Newton noticed the drive-by, he took the opportunity to loudly suggest Davis should spend some time working on his hands.
- Receiver Kelvin Benjamin made several receptions in team drills, including an impressive leaping grab over cornerback James Bradberry about 30 yards down the right sideline. Benjamin's day also included a drop on a short toss, so once again, a moment of brilliance was momentarily spoiled by a lapse of concentration.
- What a 6-foot-5 receiver and a 5-9 cornerback look like standing next to each other:
- Life as a rookie: In a span of about five minutes undrafted free agent Bryan Cox jumped offsides, was pulled to the side for some mentorship from fellow defensive end Charles Johnson and then got an earful for not being near the sideline ready to go back in.
- Third-round defensive end Daeshon Hall also received, let's say, "extra instruction" at different times during practice from Rivera and defensive line coach Eric Washington.
- Second-round pick Curtis Samuel got a teaching moment from Derek Anderson after the quarterback had no one to throw to on a scramble situation. Samuel was coming across the field underneath, but Anderson pointed out how that would have been a good time for Samuel to break off his route before he neared the sideline.
- Cornerback Daryl Worley intercepted a wobbly Anderson deep ball intended for wideout Damiere Byrd.
- 2016 fifth-round pick Zack Sanchez made his best play of the spring, skying high to break up an Anderson-to-Devin Funchess attempt in the end zone.
- Finally, this is a fun pic snapped by team photographer Melissa Melvin-Rodriguez of receiver Devin Funchess and guard Andrew Norwell. A Michigan man and an Ohio State product as the new "Odd Couple"?