- The Panthers defense held the Saints to negative-4 rushing yards in the first half, a franchise record for first half rush defense. New Orleans finished with 73 net rush yards.
- Carolina posted nine tackles for loss, tying its previous season high from Week 7 at the Giants.
- The Panthers had 178 total yards, their second-fewest in a game this season (173, Week 7). After totaling 142 yards on their first two scoring drives, the Panthers combined for 36 yards on the ensuing eight drives.
- Carolina allowed seven sacks for the second consecutive game.
- The Panthers lost a fumble and threw an interception, losing the turnover battle, 2-0. Carolina's minus-11 turnover margin is tied for 28th in the NFL.
- Running back Chuba Hubbard rushed for 55 yards and scored his fifth rushing touchdown of the year, the most by a rookie running back in a season since Jonathan Stewart (10, 2008).
- Linebacker Frankie Luvu had a career game, leading the Panthers with a career-best nine tackles and three tackles for loss. Luvu is the only player in the NFL with at least eight tackles for loss in fewer than 300 defensive snaps played.
- Quarterback Sam Darnold started the game by completing nine consecutive passes, the most consecutive completions to start a game by a Panther this season. He finished 17-of-26 for 132 passing yards.
View in-game photos from the Superdome during Carolina's Week 17 game at New Orleans.