- The Panthers and Vikings were nearly even in total yards (387-374), third-down conversions (both were 6-of-14) and time of possession (31:13-28:47).
- Minnesota held the edge in the red zone, scoring three touchdowns on four trips. Carolina managed just three points on three trips inside the red zone.
- The Vikings entered the game averaging 150.7 yards on the ground. Carolina held them to just 96 net rush yards.
- The Panthers scored two defensive touchdowns and had a 3-1 edge in the turnover battle. It marked the first time in franchise history and just the 11th time since 2000 that a team had two defensive touchdowns and lost.
- Minnesota entered the game with the third-most fourth-quarter points in the NFL (19.5). The Vikings scored 18 on Sunday, marking just the third time since 2000 that Carolina has allowed 18 or more points in the fourth quarter.
- Sunday was Carolina's eighth game decided by eight points or fewer. The Panthers are 2-6 in those eight games.
- Quarterback Teddy Bridgewater threw for 267 yards on 19-of-36 passing with a touchdown and an interception. In Bridgewater's eight starts without Christian McCaffrey, he's averaged 15.6 completions to wide receivers in wins and 12.4 in losses. Wide receivers accounted for 13 receptions against the Vikings.
- Wide receiver Robby Anderson scored his first touchdown since Week 1 on a 41-yard pass in the first half. Anderson now has nine career receiving touchdowns of 40-plus yards, ranking fourth in the NFL since 2016.
- Wide receiver Curtis Samuel had a team-high five receptions for 72 yards, including one on third down. His 18 third-down conversions through the air and ground are second in the NFL behind the Chargers' Keenan Allen (22).
- Safety Jeremy Chinn recorded a career-high 13 tackles and two fumble recoveries for touchdowns on consecutive plays. He became the first player in the Super Bowl era with two fumble recovery touchdowns in the same game. His two defensive touchdowns within 10 seconds of game time are also the fastest in the Super Bowl era.
- Defensive tackle Zach Kerr had a career-high eight tackles and a strip-sack.
- Defensive tackle Bravvion Roy had his first career sack, two quarterback hits and a tackle for loss.
- Running back Dalvin Cook managed just 61 rushing yards, his second-fewest this season.
View in-game photos from Carolina's Week 12 game at Minnesota.