- The Panthers outgained Tampa Bay, 352-289, in net yards and had more first downs, 20-16.
- Both teams struggled on third down as Tampa Bay went 2-12 (17 percent) and Carolina went 3-14 (21 percent). The Panthers also went 0-3 on fourth down.
- For the second straight week, the Panthers were outrushed by their opponent. The Buccaneers rushed for 100 yards while Carolina had 39 rushing yards.
- A week after scoring three touchdowns in the red zone, the Panthers went 0-3 in the red zone, while Tampa Bay went 1-2. It marked the first time since Oct. 27, 2017 (at Chicago) that Carolina failed to score a touchdown.
- Carolina recorded a safety in the second half, the first safety since 12/11/16 when Mario Addison sacked Philip Rivers of the Chargers.
- The Panthers recorded a punt return for 39 yards, the longest return since 2017 when Kaelin Clay had a 60-yard punt return touchdown at the Jets.
- Greg Olsen tallied 110 yards on six catches, including a 41-yard reception. It marked his first 100-yard receiving game since 12/17/17 when he had 116 yards against Green Bay. With his performance, Olsen passed Ozzie Newsome (7,980) to move into fifth place (7,993) in career receiving yards by a tight end in NFL history.
- Luke Kuechly registered a game-high 17 tackles, including two tackles for loss, one of which resulted in a safety. With his 17 stops, Kuechly (973) passed Brian Urlacher (966) for the most tackles by a player through his first eight seasons in NFL history.
- Joey Slye hit four field goals in the game, including distances of 51 and 54 yards. It marked just the fourth time in franchise history that a kicker hit two field goals over 50 yards in the same game. The most recent was John Kasay in 2006.
- DJ Moore recorded a career-high nine receptions for 89 yards, while Curtis Samuel had five receptions for 91 yards. Samuel had a catch of 44 yards, the Panthers longest pass play in the first two weeks.
- Christian McCaffrey was held to 37 yards rushing and two receptions for 16 yards. It marked his fewest scrimmage yards (53) in a game since 2017, disregarding Week 17 of 2018 when he didn't play after the first quarter.
- Cam Newton completed 25-of-51 attempts for 333 yards. It tied for the second-most passing attempts in his career.
- Chris Godwin made eight receptions on nine targets for 121 yards and one touchdown. Mike Evans had four catches for 61 yards, including a 41-yard catch.
- Shaquil Barrett had a career-high three sacks, including two on consecutive plays.
- A week after posting a passer rating of 45.4 in Week 1, Jameis Winston posted a rating of 103.4, throwing for 208 yards and a touchdown.
Take a look at in-game photos from Thursday Night Football as the Panthers take on the Buccaneers.