- Tampa Bay forced four Panthers turnovers (two fumbles, two interceptions) and also forced a turnover on downs. The Buccaneers turned those into three touchdowns and a field goal.
- Carolina committed nine penalties, including three that helped Tampa Bay convert third downs.
- The Panthers' offense came alive in the second half after trailed, 21-0, at halftime. Carolina totaled 318 net yards in the second half and held Tampa Bay to 109 yards, 46 of which came on one run.
- Panthers receivers DJ Moore and Robby Anderson each went for over 100 yards receiving. It marked the first time since 2004 (Muhsin Muhammad, Keary Colbert) that a pair of Carolina wide receivers hit 100 receiving yards in the same game.
- Carolina recorded its first takeaways of the season: a first half fumble recovery and second half interception. But the Bucs still won the turnover battle, 4-2. The Panthers haven't won the turnover battle since a win over Tennessee in Week 9 of 2019, which is also Carolina's last win.
- Quarterback Teddy Bridgewater set new career highs for completions (33) and passing yards (367). Despite his two interceptions and lost fumble, he posted a passer rating of 83.2, besting Tom Brady's rating of 80.3.
- Running back Christian McCaffrey posted another multiple-touchdown game, scoring two rushing touchdowns in the second half. He has 14 career multi-touchdown games, which ties him with Alvin Kamara for the most since 2017.
- Running back Mike Davis replaced McCaffrey in the fourth quarter, hauling in eight catches for a career-high 74 receiving yards.
- Moore had a team-high 120 receiving yards on eight catches. Dating back to last season, he's averaged 88.4 receiving yards in his last 10 games, second-most in the NFL over that span.
- Anderson tied his career-high with nine receptions, going for 109 yards. Through two games as a Panther, he's caught 15-of-18 targets for 224 yards and a touchdown.
- Defensive tackle Woodrow Hamilton was activated from the practice squad on Saturday and made his first career fumble recovery on Sunday.
- Cornerback Donte Jackson tallied his first interception since Week 9 of 2019. His 44-yard return was the longest interception return of his career, excluding a two-point conversion he returned against the Saints in 2018.
- Linebacker/safety Jeremy Chinn posted six tackles, one behind team leader, cornerback Rasul Douglas. Through two games, Chinn has recorded 14 total tackles, third among all NFL rookies and the most by any Panther rookie through his first two games.
- Running back Leonard Fournette rushed for two touchdowns, becoming the eighth different player with two rushing touchdowns against Carolina in the last two seasons, the most in the NFL.
- Linebacker Devin White had a career-high 15 tackles, including one for loss, to go with a pass deflection and quarterback hit.
View photos of game action in Week 2 at Tampa Bay.