- Appeared in nine games for the Saints in 2019, starting five while filling in for an injured Drew Brees...Led New Orleans to victory in all five starts...Recorded a career-high completion percentage (67.9 percent) and QBR (99.1) while throwing nine touchdowns compared to just two interceptions...Tied a career-high with four touchdown passes in a Week 5 victory over the Buccaneers.
- Saw action in five games with New Orleans in 2018, including one start...Completed 14-of-23 passes (60.9 percent) for 118 yards with one touchdown and one interception...Acquired by the Saints prior to the start of the regular season after spending the preseason with the New York Jets.
- Appeared in just one game for the Vikings during the 2017 season, making a symbolic return to action after suffering a serious knee injury prior to the start of the 2016 season...Returned to the field on Dec. 15 vs. Cincinnati, throwing two passes over the final three drives during his final season with Vikings…Spent first ten weeks on the Reserve/PUP list and didn't play in six of final seven weeks.
- Did not see action in 2016 due to a knee injury suffered in practice leading into preseason finale...Received the Ed Block Courage Award in a vote by teammates after missing the entire season.
- Started all 16 games for the Vikings en route to an 11-5 record and an NFC North title in 2015...Increased his completion percentage (65.3%), passing yards (3,231) and rating (88.7) from rookie season, while decreasing his interceptions (12 to nine) despite starting four more games...Earned his first career Pro Bowl selection...Added 192 yards and three scores on the ground.
- Saw action in 13 games, starting 12, as a rookie with the Vikings in 2014...Completed 259-of-402 passes for 2,919 yards, 14 touchdowns, 12 interceptions and an 85.2 passer rating…Added 209 yards and one rushing TD…Earned Pepsi NFL Rookie of the Year and named PFWA All-Rookie…Four of his six wins as a starter were fourth-quarter comebacks…Led qualified rookies in completion percentage and rating, completing 72.1 percent of his passes for a 103.0 rating the final five weeks.
TRANSACTIONS: Selected in the first round (32nd overall) of the NFL Draft by the Vikings (5/8/14)...Signed four-year contract with Vikings (5/20/14)...Placed on Injured Reserve by Vikings (9/1/16)...Activated from Reserve/PUP by Vikings (11/8/17)...Signed as an unrestricted free agent by the Jets (3/18/18)...Acquired by Saints from Jets (8/29/18)...Signed with the Panthers as an unrestricted free agent (3/18/20).
GP/GS: Career (44/34); 2019 (9/5); 2018 (5/1); 2017 (1/0); 2016 (0/0); 2015 (16/16); 2014 (13/12).
Won back-to-back Big East Conference titles (2011-2012) and led Louisville to three bowl appearances, winning two – the 2012 Allstate Sugar Bowl over fourth-ranked Florida and the 2013 Russell Athletic Bowl over Miami...In his final two seasons, guided the Cardinals to a 23-3 record...Played in 39 career games and completed 781-of-1142 passes (school-record 68.4 percent) for 9,817 yards with 72 touchdowns and only 24 interceptions…Also rushed for six touchdowns...In last season (2013), was named second-team All-AAC...2012 Big East Offensive Player of the Year as team won second straight Big East title...Named Most Valuable Player of the 2013 Sugar Bowl win over the University of Florida...Earned bachelor's degree sports administration in Dec. 2013.
Three-year starter for Northwestern (Miami, Fla.) HS…The second-ranked dual-threat QB in the country by Rivals.com as a senior... Selected to the US Army All-American Bowl...Guided team to Class 6A state semi as a senior...Set the Dade County single-game record with seven touchdown passes vs. Hialeah-Miami Lakes High School…Mother, Rose Murphy, is a breast cancer survivor…Served as Grand Marshall of the 2015 Kentucky Derby and gave "Riders Up" command at the start of race…Honored as a Louisville Distinguished Alumni in 2015...Enjoys photography as a hobby…Inspired the children's book, "Little Bear Teddy: Big Dream Come True," written by his girlfriend, Erika Cardona.