- Have split their all-time meetings with the Patriots, 3-3.
- Are 5-11 all-time against the defending Super Bowl champions. Carolina hasn't beaten a team the year after they won the Super Bowl since a win over the Patriots in 2005. Lead the NFL with six drives of six-plus minutes.
- Have gone 78:00 without scoring a touchdown in the first half.
- Have passed for 178 or fewer yards in all three of their games, their first such streak since the final three games of the 2011 season.
- Have gone back-to-back games without a takeaway for the first time since Weeks 3 and 4 of the 2014 season.
- Are an NFL-best 118-23 at home since Gillette Stadium opened in 2002.
- Are an NFL-best 49-12 in inter-conference games since realignment in 2002.
- Have scored a league-leading 34 points in the first quarter points and 68 points in the first half.
NFL Rankings (through Week 3) Offense
Panthers Patriots Total Yds/Game 28th (276.7) 1st (440.7) Rush Yds/Game 13th (108.3) 16th (100.7) Pass Yds/Game 30th (168.3) 1st (340.0) 3rd Down Efficiency t3rd (48.8%) 9th (33.3%) 29th 29th (15.0) 2nd (33.0) Defense
Panthers Patriots Total Yds/Game 1st (251.7) 32nd (461.0) Rush Yds/Game 14th (89.7) 26th (130.3) Pass Yds/Game 3rd (162.0) 32nd (330.7) 3rd Down Efficiency t7th (42.5%) 14th (37.8%) Points/Game 2nd (13.3) 32nd (31.7)
- QB Cam Newton needs one win to pass Jake Delhomme (53) for most by a QB in franchise history.
- RB Jonathan Stewart needs 47 rushing yards to pass DeAngelo Williams (6,846) for most in franchise history.
- RB Christian McCaffrey ranks second among RBs with 173 receiving yards. Among all rookies, he's first in receiving yards, second in receptions (18) and fifth in scrimmage yards (246).
- WR Kelvin Benjamin has a receiving touchdown in all four of his career road games against AFC opponents.
- DE Mario Addison has a sack in three straight games against AFC opponents.
- QB Tom Brady needs one more regular season win to tie Brett Farve and Peyton Manning (186) for most by a QB in NFL history. Brady, who's thrown just nine interceptions in his past 764 pass attempts, has not thrown a pick in six straight games, a stretch that totals 215 passes.
- WR Brandin Cooks has 398 receiving yards and two touchdowns in his past four meetings with the Panthers.
- TE Rob Gronkowski needs 44 more receiving yards to pass Wes Welker (6,300) for most from Brady.