- The Panthers rushed for 203 yards, their most since they had 285 against Jacksonville in Week 5 of 2019.
- The Panthers had 13 first downs by rush, their most since they had 15 against the Giants in Week 3 of 2013.
- Carolina had three drives of at least 15 plays, tied for the most in a game in the NFL since drive stats are available in 2000.
- Carolina converted 10-of-17 third-down attempts (58.8 percent) after converting just 13 times during the four-game losing streak. The 10 successful conversions were their most since they had 11 against Miami in Week 10 of 2017.
- The Panthers didn't allow a sack for the first time since Week 12 in Minnesota last season.
- Defensively, the Panthers wracked up five tackles for loss and three sacks. Carolina's 44 tackles for loss is tied for second-most in the NFL this season.
- The Panthers held the Falcons to 131 net passing yards, the fewest since quarterback Matt Ryan came to Atlanta in 2008.
- The Panthers won the turnover battle, 2-1, with two interceptions.
- Atlanta's three third-down conversions were the fewest allowed by Carolina this season.
- Carolina won time of possession, 35:23-24:37. It marked the fourth time this year the Panthers have had more than 35 minutes of possession, their most in the first eight games of a season in franchise history.
- Quarterback Sam Darnold rushed for 66 yards with six rushing first downs. Those were the second-most rushing first downs by a quarterback in a game this season (Lamar Jackson, 8).
- Running back Chuba Hubbard had 82 rushing yards and a touchdown to lead all rushers. His 510 scrimmage yards are third-most among NFL rookies this season.
- Linebacker Shaq Thompson had a team-high 10 tackles and an interception in his first game returning from injury.
- Linebacker Haason Reddick had a sack and two tackles for loss. Reddick's 11 tackles for loss are tied for the most in the NFL after Sunday's early afternoon games.
- Cornerback Stephon Gilmore had an interception in his first game as a Panther. Since 2012, Gilmore's 26 total interceptions are tied for fourth-most in the NFL.
- Kicker Zane Gonzalez hit two 50-plus field goals, including a career-best 57-yarder at the end of the first half. It was the fourth time in franchise history a kicker made two field goals longer than 50 yards in a game.
View photos from Atlanta as the Panthers take on the Falcons in Week 8.