- Clinched the seventh winning season in franchise history.
- Scored a touchdown on their opening drive for the second straight week after failing to do so in their first 11 games.
- Rushed for more than 200 yards for the third time this season, the most they've done that since 2009. Carolina's 216 yards were the most allowed by Minnesota this year.
- Scored touchdowns on three of their four trips inside the red zone. The Vikings came in with the league's third-best red zone defense, holding opponents out of the end zone in 19 of 31 trips.
- Forced a takeaway (two interceptions and a fumble recovery) for the sixth straight game. Carolina has won the turnover battle, 10-5, over the last six games while posting a 5-1 record.
- Tied a season-high with six sacks, the most allowed by the Vikings this year.
- Extended a streak of not allowing a 100-yard rusher to 17 games. That ties a franchise record set in 2001-02.
- Allowed a touchdown of 50-plus yards for the fifth time in their last five games. Carolina did not allow a score of 50-plus yards in its first eight games.
- Improved to 8-0 when out-rushing the opposition.
- Improved to 9-0 when leading at halftime.
- Had their eight-game win streak snapped.
- Allowed six sacks after giving up only 14 in their previous 12 games.
- Scored a touchdown on just one of their four trips inside the red zone.
- QB Cam Newton engineered his 14th career game-winning drive and second such drive of the season (at New England). With a 62-yard run in the fourth quarter, Newton became the first QB in the Super Bowl era with two runs over 60 yards in a single season.
- RB Jonathan Stewart ran for a career-high three touchdowns. He's the eighth player in franchise history to rush for three scores and the third NFL player to do it this season.
- WR Devin Funchess caught his seventh touchdown of the season and fourth in his last four games. That ties him for second in the league over that stretch.
- TE Greg Olsen finished without a reception for the first time in 84 games.
- LB Luke Kuechly had a season-high 14 tackles.
- QB Case Keenum has a passer rating of 75.9, his lowest since Week 6 against Baltimore.
View the top photos from Panthers vs. Vikings by team photographer Melissa Melvin-Rodriguez.