- Despite getting two takeaways in the first half, Carolina finished with a 3-2 deficit in the turnover margin, thanks to three second-half interceptions. The Panthers are now 0-5 when losing the turnover battle, while New England is 4-0 when winning it.
- A week after converting 10 third downs, the Panthers were just 3-of-11 on third down. The Panthers have gone 16-of-66 (24.2 percent) on third down in their five losses and 27-of-57 (47.4 percent) in their four wins this season.
- The Panthers committed 10 penalties for 83 yards, their most since Week 9 of 2020.
- Defensively, the Panthers held New England to just 122 net yards passing, but the Patriots managed 151 rushing yards. In Carolina's five losses this season, they've allowed an average of 157.6 rushing yards. That average is just 54.3 yards in their four wins.
- The Panthers had two sacks and five tackles for loss. Carolina's 72 stops behind the line (49 TFLs and 23 sacks) rank second in the NFL after the early afternoon games.
- Running back Christian McCaffrey had 106 scrimmage yards in his return to play. He's topped 100 scrimmage yards in 17 of the last 19 games when he's played the full game.
- Wide receiver DJ Moore was held to 32 receiving yards on two receptions, his lowest output since Week 9 of 2020 at Kansas City.
- Cornerback Stephon Gilmore had an interception for the second-straight game with Carolina. Since entering the league in 2012, Gilmore has 27 interceptions, fourth-most in the NFL in that time.
- Linebacker Haason Reddick had a sack in the first half, along with a tackle for loss. His 8.5 sacks (t-3rd) and 12 tackles for loss (t-1st) both rank in the top five of the NFL through Sunday's early games.
- Defensive end Brian Burns had a strip-sack and tackle for loss. Burns' 22.0 sacks since 2019 tie for 13th-most in the NFL in that span.
- Defensive tackle Derrick Brown had a pass break up, his fourth of the season. He totaled four pass breakups during his rookie season last year.
- Linebacker Shaq Thompson had 10 tackles for the third game this season and second time in as many weeks.
View photos from Bank of America Stadium as the Panthers take on the Patriots in Week 9.