History: Panthers vs. Packers
- Carolina is 6-10 all-time against Green Bay, including a 2-5 record on the road.
- Current Streak: Packers W1
- Last matchup: The Panthers won a thrilling game in 2019, 24-16, holding Carolina out of the end zone in the final seconds.
- Defensive back Natrell Jamerson played in Green Bay in 2018.
- Long snapper JJ Jansen played for the Packers in 2008 before he was traded to Carolina.
- Cornerback Jaire Alexander is originally from Charlotte.
- Defensive tackle Anthony Rush is originally from Cary, N.C.
- Practice squad wide receiver Seth Roberts played seven games for the Panthers this season.
- Wide receiver Devin Funchess opted out this season but was drafted by Carolina in 2015 and spent four seasons in Carolina.
Quarterback Aaron Rodgers leads the league in passing touchdowns (39) and passer rating (119.7). He's thrown just four interceptions for the lowest interception percentage (0.9) among qualified quarterbacks, and his 3,685 passing yards trail only Patrick Mahomes (4,208) and Deshaun Watson (3,761). Rodgers needs just one touchdown pass to become the first quarterback in NFL history with three seasons of at least 40 touchdown passes.
Green Bay's offense tops the NFL with 31.5 points per game and is second with 397.6 net yards per game.
The Packers are second in passing yards (273.8) and 10th in rushing yards (123.8). They've allowed only 14 sacks (2nd) and have converted 49.7 percent of their third-down tries (2nd) while giving it away just nine times (t-1st).
Plus, Green Bay has converted touchdowns on 77.1 percent of all red zone drives, the second-highest percentage in the NFL since that stat was made available in 2000.
|Total Yards/Game||356.0 (19th)||397.6 (2nd)|
|Rushing Yards/Game||107.8 (20th)||123.8 (10th)|
|Net Passing Yards/Game||248.2 (15th)||273.8 (2nd)|
|Sacks Allowed||26 (t-13th)||14 (2nd)|
|Third Down Efficiency||40.9 (20th)||49.7 (2nd)|
|Points/Game||23.6 (19th)||31.5 (1st)|
|Total Yards/Game||364.4 (21st)||335.7 (8th)|
|Rushing Yards/Game||113.6 (t-13th)||109.7 (11th)|
|Net Passing Yards/Game||250.8 (23rd)||226.0 (12th)|
|Sacks||19 (t-26th)||35 (10th)|
|Third Down Efficiency||50.6 (31st)||39.5 (12th)|
|Turnover Margin||+5 (t-8th)||+4 (t-10th)|
|Points Allowed/Game||25.5 (20th)||24.8 (17th)|
Stat Nuggets To Know
- Carolina is 2-5 all-time on Saturday games in the regular season. This week marks just the second-ever road game on Saturday and just the third Saturday night game in the regular season. Carolina's last Saturday game was in 2016 against Atlanta at home.
- The Panthers have a league-high 13 fumble recoveries and a streak of forcing a turnover that stretches 12 straight games, their longest since 2015.
- However, the Panthers are tied for 29th with just five interceptions. Aaron Rodgers has thrown just four interceptions for the lowest interception percentage (0.9) among qualified quarterbacks in the NFL.
- Green Bay has a historically good red-zone offense, converting touchdowns on 77.1 of red-zone drives. Carolina's red-zone defense (61.7) is tied for 14th in the league.
- Carolina has had nine games decided by eight points or fewer this season, and the Panthers are 2-7 in those games. The franchise record for the most games decided by eight points or fewer is 12, set in 1998 and 2003.
- The Panthers continue to lead the NFL with the fewest punts at 33. Carolina is well on its way to setting a franchise record for fewest punts as the previous low was 61 in 2018.
- Wide receiver Robby Anderson ranks 11th in the NFL with 996 receiving yards. His 83 receptions rank eighth.
- Wide receiver DJ Moore is averaging 18.5 yards per catch, the most among players with 35 or more receptions.
- Wide receiver Curtis Samuel leads all NFL receivers with an 84.7 receiving percentage, making 61 receptions on 72 targets. He has 25 receptions on third down, third-most in the NFL.
- Running back Mike Davis is tied for third in the NFL with 29 broken tackles.
- Linebacker Jeremy Chinn leads all rookies with 94 tackles. He's the only NFL player with two defensive touchdowns and at least one sack, interception, tackle for loss, forced fumble and fumble recovery.
- Defensive end Brian Burns is second in tackles among defensive ends (52) and is tied for eighth in QB pressures (30).
Milestones in Reach
- Anderson needs four receiving yards to post the first 1,000-yard receiving season of his career. Anderson would join Patrick Jeffers (1,082, 1999) as the only players with 1,000 yards in their first seasons with Carolina.
- Chinn needs six tackles for 100 on the season, becoming just the third Panthers' rookie with 100 tackles in a season in franchise history (Luke Kuechly, Jon Beason).
- Shaq Thompson needs 10 tackles for 100 on the season, becoming the fifth Panther ever to record back-to-back 100-tackle seasons.
- Moore needs 76 receiving yards for 1,000 in 2020, becoming the fourth Panther record back-to-back 1,000-yard receiving seasons. He and Anderson could join Jeffers and Muhsin Muhammad as the only pairs of Panthers' wide receivers to record 1,000 receiving yards in the same season.
- Davis needs 74 scrimmage yards for 1,000 scrimmage yards on the season, marking the fourth-straight year that a Panthers' running back reached 1,000 scrimmage yards.