History: Panthers vs. Broncos
- Carolina is 1-5 all-time against the Broncos, with a 1-1 record at home.
- The Panthers played Denver in Super Bowl 50, falling, 24-10.
- Current Streak: Broncos W3
- Last matchup: Denver won the Super Bowl rematch, 21-20, in Week 1 of the 2016 season when Carolina missed a game-winning field goal attempt.
Denver enters the game with one of the NFL's best red-zone defenses. The Broncos rank second in the NFL in red-zone defense, allowing touchdowns on just 47.7 percent of red-zone drives.
Former N.C. State standout Bradley Chubb leads the Broncos with 7.5 sacks, to go with nine tackles for loss.
After missing Week 12 due to COVID-19 protocols, quarterback Drew Lock is back leading the offense. Lock has 1,918 passing yards with nine touchdowns and 13 interceptions. He's been far more effective outside the pocket this season, completing 84 percent of his passes for a 146.2 rating on rollouts or boot plays, while he's completed just 57 percent of his passes in the pocket for a 63.8 rating.
|Total Yards/Game||354.8 (20th)||325.6 (25th)|
|Rushing Yards/Game||106.4 (20th)||118.9 (12th)|
|Net Passing Yards/Game||248.4 (15th)||206.7 (26th)|
|Sacks Allowed||22 (t-12th)||24 (t-14th)|
|Third Down Efficiency||40.7 (20th)||37.6 (28th)|
|Points/Game||23.3 (21st)||18.8 (31st)|
|Total Yards/Game||364.3 (20th)||350.2 (14th)|
|Rushing Yards/Game||115.1 (15th)||131.5 (26th)|
|Net Passing Yards/Game||249.3 (19th)||218.7 (9th)|
|Sacks||18 (t-26th)||32 (t-8th)|
|Third Down Efficiency||51.3 (31st)||38.9 (12th)|
|Turnover Margin||+4 (t-9th)||-17 (32nd)|
|Points Allowed/Game||25.0 (16th)||26.7 (21st)|
Stat Nuggets To Know
- Carolina is 12-13 all-time in games after bye weeks, but the Panthers have won four of the last five such games.
- Carolina has at least one takeaway in 11 straight games, their longest streak since Week 4 of 2015 to Week 2 of 2016.
- The Panthers lead the NFL with 12 fumble recoveries, their most in one season since 2015 (15).
- Carolina is plus-4 in turnover margin (t-9th), while the Broncos rank last at negative-17.
- Denver ranks second by allowing touchdowns on just 47.7 percent of red-zone drives. Carolina's offense is tied for 25th with touchdowns on 55.0 percent of red-zone drives.
- Since Carolina's 2018 comeback from down 17-0 in Philadelphia, the Panthers are 0-22 when trailing or tied at halftime and 14-5 when leading.
- Wide receiver Robby Anderson ranks 11th in the NFL with 912 receiving yards. He's just 30 yards away from passing his career high of 941, set in 2017 with the Jets.
- Running back Mike Davis ranks fourth in the NFL with 27 broken tackles. His broken tackle percentage of 15.2 leads all players with at least 15 broken tackles on the season.
- Linebacker Jeremy Chinn is the reigning Defensive Rookie of the Month, becoming the first Panther to ever win two Defensive Rookie of the Month awards. Chinn, who leads all rookies with 86 tackles, is first in defensive TDs (2), tied for first in fumble recoveries (2), third in defensive snaps played (710), tied for fifth in passes defensed (5), tied for sixth in forced fumbles (1) and tied for sixth in interceptions (1).
- Defensive end Brian Burns is second in tackles among defensive ends (46) and is tied for seventh in QB pressures (29).
Carolina is 1-5 all-time against Denver with a 1-1 record at home.