History: Panthers vs. Falcons
- Carolina is 18-32 all-time against Atlanta, with a 6-19 record on the road.
- The Panthers will be looking for their first win in Atlanta since Dec. 28, 2014.
- Current Streak: Falcons W5
- Last matchup: Falcons won, 40-20, in Atlanta at the end of last season
Atlanta is still looking for its first win after falling to 0-4 with a loss at Green Bay on Monday.
The Falcons rank fifth in the NFL with 294.3 passing yards per game, as Calvin Ridley leads the receiving corps with 87.3 receiving yards per game.
Julio Jones has missed one game and sat out the second half of Monday night with a hamstring injury.
Atlanta's pass defense is second to last in the NFL, giving up 341.5 yards per game through the air. Safeties Keanu Neal and Ricardo Allen were held out on Monday before safety Damontae Kazee tore his Achilles against the Packers.
|Total Yards/Game||390.3 (12th)||396.0 (t-8th)|
|Rushing Yards/Game||116.3 (4th)||101.8 (t-23rd)|
|Net Passing Yards/Game||274.0 (8th)||294.3 (5th)|
|Sacks Allowed||8 (t-14th)||9 (t-17th)|
|Third Down Efficiency||48.9 (7th)||39.3 (22nd)|
|Points/Game||24.8 (t-18th)||26.5 (t-14th)|
|Total Yards/Game||352.3 (t-10th)||448.3 (31st)|
|Rushing Yards/Game||125.3 (21st)||106.8 (t-10th)|
|Net Passing Yards/Game||227.0 (7th)||341.5 (31st)|
|Sacks||3 (32nd)||7 (t-22nd)|
|Third Down Efficiency||52.2 (31st)||41.7 (15th)|
|Turnover Margin||+2 (t-8th)||+2 (t-8th)|
|Points Allowed/Game||25.5 (19th)||34.5 (31st)|
Stat Nuggets To Know
- The Panthers have tallied 1,561 net yards, the second most in franchise history through four games.
- Last week, Carolina converted 30 first downs, tied for third-most in a game in franchise history. Carolina's 84 first downs are two off the franchise record for the first four games.
- The Panthers' offensive line did not allow a sack last week. This season, the Panthers rank fifth in the NFL with pressures allowed on just 16.8 percent of dropbacks.
- Carolina's defense held Cardinals quarterback Kyler Murray to just 133 yards on 24 completions, the fewest yards on 24 completions in a game in NFL history. For the season, the Panthers have allowed just 8.8 pass yards per completion, the fewest in the NFL.
- The Panthers converted 63.6 of their third down attempts on Sunday, tied for the sixth-best third down ratio in a game this season.
- Teddy Bridgewater ranks third in the NFL with a completion percentage of 73.0 (103-of-141). His 1,147 passing yards are sixth most, while his 28 completions on third down are tied for the league lead.
- Robby Anderson's 377 receiving yards rank sixth and are the third most by any Panthers' receiver through a season's first four weeks.
- Mike Davis has 277 scrimmage yards, third most through four weeks among Panthers' running backs who didn't start in the season opener.
- Opposing tight ends have averaged 84.0 receiving yards per game against Atlanta this season. Ian Thomas has 115 yards and two touchdowns in his career against the Falcons, the most against any opponent.
- Derrick Brown has tallied four tackles for loss in the last two games. His five TFLs on the season lead all NFL rookies.
- Jeremy Chinn posted a team-high eight tackles on Sunday and continues to pace all NFL rookies with 34 tackles on the season.
Chasing Milestones in 2020
- The Panthers need three wins to reach 200 regular season wins. Dating back to 1995, Carolina is 197-206-1 in the regular season.
- DJ Moore (160) needs three receptions to pass Jonathan Stewart for 10th place in franchise history.
- Linebacker Shaq Thompson needs 13 tackles to pass Mike Rucker (389) for ninth place in franchise history.
- Long snapper J.J. Jansen needs three games played to pass Steve Smith (182) for second-most in franchise history behind John Kasay (221).
Carolina is 19-33 all-time against Atlanta.